Chapter 24: Ross Is In The House

The day with the girls was really tiring. I huffed as I stared at the number of bags that were in the backseat of my car. The girls were walking to the door, with only their handbags in their hands. Are they kidding? I glared at their backs, then at the shopping bags before sighing in frustration.

"Girls! Get your asses back here! Who do you think is going to carry your bags?" I snapped as they turned to look at me. The three of them stared at me as if I've grown three heads.

"There are people who are paid to do this" Alena said as she rolled her eyes.

"Those people happen to be busy with your wedding!" I exclaimed in disbelief. "Move your lazy asses over here in take your things!" I ordered as I opened the door and motioned them to take their bags.

"Someone's PMSing" Jasmine whispered loud enough to Rose. I glared at her, making her chuckle. The girls started taking their bags from the car and they all glared at me as they had to carry all these things by themselves.

"Do you need help?" I turned my head to see Jace helping Rose with the bags. I rolled my eyes as Jace ended up carrying all the bags, even Rose's handbag.

"You're so stupid" I finally said when Jace's eyes met mine. He took a deep breath and nodded in agreement, making me laugh at his poor self. We all walked in the house, a feeling of relief invaded me as I was really tired and I wanted to hug my bed so bad. We were out for a good four hours. I had only three shopping bags because I bought a dress for me and some toys for Thomas. I started making my way to the stairs, excited to give Thomas his toys.

"Where are you going?" Alena asked me. I stopped and lifted the bags.

"To give those to Tommy" I said and kept on walking when she nodded. What I didn't expect to see in Thomas's room was Damian, sitting on the bed with my sleeping brother in his lap. When he heard the door opened, Damian lifted his head to look at me and then motioned me to stay quiet. I nodded and watched as he moved Thomas slowly and laid him on the bed before covering him with a blanket. I put the bags on the floor and walked out of the room, with Damian following me. As soon as the door was closed, I was pinned to the wall next to it.

"Four fucking hours. What do you understand by being quick?" Damian snapped as he rested his forehead against mine. I shrugged and pushed me away slightly.

"Blame the other girls! They take a lot of time" I huffed and watched as he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "Why were you in there?" I asked softly as I wrapped my hands around his waist to calm him down.

"Thomas woke up a few hours ago, so Dean and I gave him food and played with him" he said as he opened his eyes to look at me. "He said he was sleepy. He fell asleep on my lap and I didn't feel like going away" He continued. I stoos on my tiptoes and and pecked his lips before pulling away.

"Thank you for looking after him while I was not here" I said softly. He gave me a smile and just as he was about to talk, we heard someone walking up the stairs. I quickly pulled away from Damian and stood far from him, making his smile disappear and a glare took place on his face. Rose soon walked up the stairs and when she saw Damian, she wriggled her eyebrows suggestively at me, making me roll my eyes.

"Athena, Ross is here, looking for you" Rose said, making me frown at her.

"What?" I asked in confusion. Ross? Here? "Why is he here?" I asked and Rose shrugged at my question.

"How am I supposed to know?" she asked before walking back down the stairs. I started following her but hands on my arm stopped me. I turned to see Damian staring at me. No. He was glaring at me.

"Who is he?" He asked with clenched jaws.

"The guy who was talking to me at the park" I told him while peeking over the railing to be able to see whether Ross was here or not.