Chapter 90: Regret

"Athena" Jace said my name before opening the door. I watched as he looked for me in the room. When his eyes finally settled on me in the corner, he sighed. He walked in, then put the tray of food on his bed. "What are you doing?" he asked. He seemed to be so normal. It was frustrating me. How can he be so normal?

"I'm sitting on the floor" I told him. He frowned then walked to me. He offered me his hand to help me stand up on my feet. I stared at him. Then my eyes moved to his hand.

Gain his trust.

I held his hand. He helped me on my feet, then smiled when he realized that I was actually being civilized.

"I'm hungry" I mumbled. His smile turned brighter. He motioned to the tray on the bed. I walked to it. A glass of mango juice and a plate with toast were on it. "How long am I going to be locked here?" I asked. I was reluctant to eat the food as I didn't trust Jace. What if he has put some pills in it to make me unconscious? He seemed to notice my reluctance which made him roll his eyes. He picked up a toast from the plate and took a huge bite from it.

"Athena" he breathed after he gulped. "All I ever wanted was you. I want you to trust me" he said. I wanted to scoff but I didn't. I took a piece of toast from the plate and took a bite. It hurts to admit it but the food was good.

"Do you trust me?" I asked as I sat down on the bed and stared at him. He didn't answer. I chuckled humorlessly and stared at him. "How can you expect me to trust you?" I asked. Specially after you tried killing me, my baby and Damian.

"I think that we need time to trust each other" Jace said. I frowned. This is the Jace that I knew. But then, if I piss him off, he turns into a freaking psycho.

"Locking me here, won't help me to trust you" I told him.

"What if you try to escape?" Jace asked.

"Then you kill me"

"You know I would never do that" he mumbled.

"That's why you got someone else to do it" I mumbled back.

"I'm sorry" he said softly. He slowly caressed my cheek with the back of his hand. Instinctively, I moved my face away, making him sigh. "I regret all this" he said suddenly.

"Let me go then" I said with hope that he'd actually let me go. He chuckled. No humor behind this chuckle.

"I don't regret you being with me right now. I regret going out with Rose. I regret hurting you" he told me. There goes my hope to be freed. I clenched my jaws, then look at Jace. I was still in my bra and his stare made me realize that. When he noticed that I was glaring, he walked to a wardrobe and pulled out what seemed to be a shirt. He gave it to me and smiled softly.

"Can you leave me a little bit alone? I want to sleep " I told him. Again, he sighed and walked out of the room, not forgetting to locked it. I let my body fall on the bed. My head was spinning due to the tremendous amount of pictures that were hung on the wall. With clenched jaws, I stood up. I was pissed. I walked to the door and ripped the huge picture of me. It felt good. I moved the wall and started ripping all the pictures. The clearer the wall was becoming, the better I felt.

Once there were no pictures of me, I sighed in contentment. I looked at the piles of paper on the floor. I pushed them under the bed. Relief flooded into me. I sat on the bed, my eyes moved to the glass of juice. I picked it up and drank it. I was so thirsty. I was so tired. I just wanted to curl up next to Damian and sleep in his arms. My eyes were now teary. I didn't want to cry. I was tired of crying. I crept on the bed and laid on it.

I hope tomorrow is a better day.

I could hear the television playing. How can he live his life normally after doing so much wrong things. I put a pillow on my head. I was trying to block the sound. I needed to be alone. I needed to be with Damian. I was not supposed to be blocked here. I was not supposed to be in a such fucked up situation. A tear unconsciously rolled down my face.