Chapter 94: Out

"We need to jump" Dean said. Damian opened the window and put his head out. He looked around, then whispered a 'yes'.

"There's a pipe. Use it" Damian told Dean. "Once you're down, you go seek the policemen" He ordered. Dean quickly nodded.

BOOM!

"Quick!" I urged. Dean got out through the window. Damian and I quickly ran to the door. "Rose, as soon as, Dean is outside, you go" I said as I tried to stop Jace from getting in.

"We need to put the bed too" Damian said from the other side of the room. I nodded. Without losing time, I helped Damian to push the bed against the drawer.

"I can't get out" I heard Rose sob. Her eyes were teary. Oh yeah. She hated heights.

"Listen, Dean is down there. He's going to help you" I tried to reassure.

"Athena! Let me fucking in!" I heard Jace yell. I turned to Rose and took her hand in mine.

"Rose. Please. We have to do this" I practically begged.

"We'll help you" Damian said. We walked closer to the window and breathed in relief when we saw Dean, accompanied with a few policemen.

"We are going to bring a ladder" one of the policemen said. I turned to look at the door. It was nearly cracked. I could see Jace now. I could see him peeking through the hole.

Shit.

"You are not going away!" Jace shouted.

"Hide!" I yelled when I saw him directing the gun to the hole. He was targeting Damian. "Damian!" I called, while pulling him to me. I pushed him by the bed and ducked next to him while Rose hid in the other corner of the room.

"We need to block that fucking hole until we get out" Damian breathed. I was feeling guilty. Guilty, because they were all stuck here because of me.

"I'm sorry" I apologized.

"It's not your fault" Damian said while pulling me to him. I hugged him and closed me eyes for a few seconds. I wish I was back home with me, on our bed.

"I've got an idea" I said with wide eyes. I didn't even seek to explain. I simply stood up slowly, looking for Jace. He was still standing by the door. He wasn't doing anything, which was weird. I took the pillows and the blankets with me.

"What are you doing?" Damian asked. I heard something outside.

The ladder!

I walked to the other corner of the room, slowly approaching the door from the side so that Jace wouldn't see me. With a deep breath, I pushed the pillow and the blanket against the hole.

"Push the drawer against it" I told Damian who quickly stood up and ran to me. I could feel Jace tapping against the pillows and the blanket. Damian pushed the drawer against the pillows. This will gain us time.

"Get out" I told Rose who quickly ran to the window. She whimpered when she looked down. I ran to her and took her hand in mine, helping her while she got on the ladder. "You'll be fine" I told her. She slowly climbed down the ladder.

"Now you" Damian said. He was right beside me.

"You're getting down after me" I said. He nodded. I was scared that Damian would want to get revenge on Jace. I was scared that he would try to face Jace. "Promise me!" I ordered.

"I promise" Damian quickly said. I got on the ladder and nodded. I slowly climbed off. I watched as Damian did the same. I breathe in relief. Once we were standing next to the policemen, I felt the tears get in my eyes. We were safe. "Oh god" Damian breathed as he wrapped his hands around me.

"We still need to get out of here" Rose urged as the policemen motioned us to follow them. As we walked to the front of the house, I noticed policemen breaking in Jace's house. What I didn't notice was Jace standing by the window.

"Run!" one of the policemen shouted at us. Damian was running, pulling me along. I only realized what was going on when I heard the constant shooting.

It was Jace. He was shooting everywhere. Dean, Damian and I were behind the car of the cops, breathing heavily. The shots soon stopped and we heard struggling.

Wait.

Where is Rose?

"Rose?" I called out, standing up. The policemen had already neutralized Jace. I got away from the car and my mouth dropped open when I saw Rose, laying on the grass, flowing from her shoulder. "Someone get an ambulance!" I shouted as I ran towards my best friend. I fell on my knees next to her. Damian and Dean were soon next to me.

"Shit" Dean breathed. I could hear the policemen talking rapidly on the walkie-talkies. Rose was clenching her jaws. I took her hand in mine, making her groan. I quickly let it go. I could hear Jace shouting and yelling as the policemen walked by us, directing him to the car. He was handcuffed. When he noticed that Rose was hurt, he smiled proudly.

"At least I got one of you" he said, rather proudly.

Bam.

I smiled when a punch landed on his face. Dean breathed in relief as he turned to look at us, his hand soothing the other one. The policemen pulled a nearly unconscious Jace into the car.

"I needed to do that" he said. Rose chuckled, then groaned. One of them ran to us and put his hand on her shoulder.

"It's going to be fine" the policeman told Rose in a reassuring voice.

"God, is that you?" Rose asked looking at the man. I laughed. "I saw an Angel, Athena" she told me, making the policemen laugh this time. Even in this sort of situation, Rose managed to be her usual self. The ambulance soon arrived and Dean and Damian helped the cops to place her in it. Damian joined me once they were done. He wrapped his arms around me, in a tight hug. I finally breathed in relief.

It was finally over.

This whole nightmare was over.