Chapter 38: His View

"Come on, Wake up!" I felt someone shouted as I was being shaken. I could feel my lungs full. I felt lips on mine and the next thing i knew, someone was pressing my chest. "Please!" the man pleaded. I wanted to breathe but I couldn't. I could feel that my lungs were heavy. I was cold. When he pressed on my chest again, i felt all the water wanting to come out. After a few minutes, they did. I can coughing with water instead of air. I was finally able to breathe. I rolled on my side and ignored the pain that my ribs were actually in. "Holy fuck" I heard someone swore. Once I was breathing properly, I opened my eyes to see a drenched Damian sitting next to me.

"What happened?" I croaked as my throat started burning. My mind was foggy. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths to calm myself down.

"You fucking stopped breathing! That's what happened!" Damian snapped. I opened my eyes again to look at him. He looked so handsome with his wet hair stuck to his forehead. His piercing gray eyes were staring at me. I saw an emotion swirling in his eyes.

Fear.

Was he afraid of losing me?

"We need to go" Damian said, sounding tensed. I tried pushing myself up with the help of my elbows but there was an intense on my arm. I stared at my arm and clenched my jaws when I saw blood oozing out of a long cut. Slowly, memories flooded back in my mind. I was attacked. Then pushed in the lake to be left to die. "How did you cut your arm?" Damian suddenly questioned as he walked to me. He looked alarmed and angry.

"Someone attacked me" I whispered in realization. "Someone paid a man to attack me" I rose my head to look at Damian as the intensity of the pain increased.

"Did you see him?" Damian asked and slowly helped me back to my feet. I held on his hand and try not to focus on the pain.

"No" I said as I closed my eyes. I was feeling weak. My muscles were aching. My legs buckled and the next thing I knew, I was falling.

'Damian's Point Of View'

Athena held on my hand for support. She was shaking and she seemed weak. Her arms was bleeding. As I stared at her, I watched as her eyes closed and the next thing I knew, She was falling. I quickly caught her and pulled her closer to me. She has fainted due who the lost of blood. She was pale and still, she looked beautiful. Why would someone attack her? I was going to find that person and make sure that he won't lay a hand on Athena again. I picked her up bridal style and started walked to the car. She was so light. She needed to eat more. My eyes drifted to her sleeping self. I knew that I've hurt her by ending the deal. I was afraid.

I was afraid to fall for her.

"Damian" she mumbled in her sleep. I felt my heart beats increased. What was she doing to me? I was trying to avoid these feelings. Her rosy lips contrasted with her pale white skin. Her black hair was all over her face and it stuck to her skin. She was such a pure soul.

Athena was ready to brave the outside dangerous night world to be able to find her best friend. She would work in order to pay proper treatment for her little brother. Her courage and her determination were the main things that attracted me to her. She wouldn't let anyone tell her what to do. She takes her own decision. She was simply breathtaking.

I shook my head. Everytime I'd think of her, I'd get lost in my trail of thoughts. Rosemary was far behind her. I used to think that Rosemary was perfect. She had everything that I wanted. But once I met Athena, I saw a strong independent woman who was struggling to keep up with everything. She was strong. A smile formed on my face as I thought of her. I wanted to let go of her but I couldn't. I constantly felt the need to be with her, to be the support that she needed. But there's the other side of me which didn't want to get attached to someone. Did I trust Athena? That was the question that kept running in my mind.