Chapter 51: Phone Call

"It's not what it looks like!" I exclaimed out of panic. Alena stopped dancing and scoffed. "It's really not what it looks like" I repeated, this time, making Dean scoff. "Can you stop scoffing?" I shouted, a bit annoyed by them. This time, Damian scoffed. I turned around and punched him on his arm. "You're supposed to be supporting me" I huffed.

"What do you mean by it's not what it looks like?" Alena asked as she wiggled her eyebrows teasingly. "Did a snake bite him on his lips and you were sucking out the venom?" My sister asked, making me frown at this weird idea.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"Nevermind, I heard that in a movie" Alena said as she shrugged. I rolled my eyes and walked out of the room to avoid the questioning. Unfortunately, everyone decided to follow me. I walked in the living room and sat on the couch. Just at the moment, my phone started ringing. I pulled the phone out of my pocket and smiled when I realized that it was Rose who was calling.

"Hey!" I exclaimed happily. It was a while since I last talked to her.

"I miss you" Rose breathed. I smiled and pulled my legs up on the couch. Alena sat next to me while Dean and Damian sat on the couch just in front of us.

"I miss you too" I admitted. "When are you coming back?" I asked.

"Not now" Rose said. "It feels good to be back home to be honest" she said. "Why don't you come for a week or two?" She asked suddenly. "I miss you and I'm pretty sure you need some space. I've seen the article" Rose told me. I closed my eyes and leant my head against my sister.

"It might be a good idea" I agreed. "I'll think about it" I mumbled. "I met Jace" I finally told her. Silence. For the first thirty seconds, there was a pure silence. Then I heard her take a deep breath.

"What did he say?" She asked, her voice really low.

"He was asking for your whereabouts and he regrets leaving you that night. He told us that he hated your job and he was mad that you considered the job as more important than him" I said.

"Of course, I do not!" Rose exclaimed. "I cannot just quit and be totally dependent on him" Rose pointed out.

"Yeah, I actually told him that and he told me that there were other jobs available" I said. Rose took a deep breath again.

"Listen, I'll call him then I'll tell you what happen" Rose said. "And please, I miss you, try coming for a week at least" Rose begged.

"I'll talk about it with the others. I love you" I said.

"I love you too" she said, then ended the call.

"What job?" Alena suddenly questioned next to me. My eyes widened. I completed forgot that Alena was next to me and she was unaware of our jobs. "What's so wrong with babysitting?" she asked again. Damian and Dean simply sat there, not saying anything. They were not even trying to help me.

"Uhh" I started and pretended to be busy with the phone while trying to come up with a relevant excuse.

"Uhh what?" Alena said as she rolled her eyes.

"Jace doesn't think that babysitting is the job for Rose. He thinks that she can do much better but she's not willing" I suddenly said and mentally high fived myself. I could see Dean nodding his head in appreciation. I didn't know I was that good at lying.

"What did Rose say more?" Alena asked.

"She's telling me to come over at her parent's house to stay for a week or two" I told them and watched as Damian shook his head.

"No, you're not going" Damian responded as if I asked him the permission.

"Did I ask you for permission?" I questioned.

"You're not going anywhere" Damian repeated, more sternly.

"Why can't I?" I exclaimed as I stood up and watched as Damian did the same. He started walking towards the kitchen and I followed behind, completely forgetting my sister and her husband. We got into the kitchen. Damian walked to the fridge and pulled out a cold water bottle.

"Because I told you not to" he responded coldly before opening the bottle and taking a gulp.

"I want to go" I stated with determination.

"You're in fucking danger, Athena! For God sake, where's your fucking mind?" Damian snapped as he walked towards me. I instinctively took a few steps backwards but the anger was starting to rise.

"Because in your fucking house, I'm safe?" I asked before laughing humorlessly. "If I was in my room, yesterday, I'd already be dead, Damian" I spat. I turned around to walk away but stopped when I saw my sister. They already knew about the situation.

"Athena" Damian said from behind me. His voice was now controlled. I turned around to glare at him and I found him looking at me with softened eyes. "You really want to go?" He asked.

"Yes" I answered. "I really don't want to be in town when the rumours will start pounding" I finally breathed out and then took a deep breath.

"If you're going, then I'm coming along" Damian told me after a few minutes of silence. I blinked once, twice then thrice to finally realize what he just said. A smile broke on my face and i nodded. I walked to him and wrapped my arm around him before letting go.

"Thank you" I said before turning to my sister who was too busy grinning at us. Dean was standing behind her and leaning his head on her shoulder. My sister stared at me.

"We're coming too. I miss Rose as well. Let's go to sleep, sweetheart" Alena said as she turned to Dean.

"Good night, guys " Dean wished.

"Let's go to sleep" Damian whispered in my ears as he slowly took my hand in his.