Chapter 31: Booked

"Hey Jerry" Rose and I greeted as we walked in the dressing room. The latter turned and a bright smile instantly appeared on his face as he rose his hands towards the ceiling as if thanking God.

"My two favorite girls are back!" He exclaimed as he walked to us. One of the girls who were getting ready turned to us and gave us a smile before walking out of the dressing room with the body guards with her.

"Favorite?" Rose asked with one rose eyebrow.

"Yeah" Jerry said and pulled me in a hug. "Get ready!" he then ushered. I crossed my arms and stared at him.

"I need to talk to you" I mumbled. Jerry stared at me for a few seconds and then dropped his head before sighing.

"You're quiting, aren't you?" he asked in exasperation and a little sign of sadness. I took a deep breath and walked to him. I wrapped my arms around him.

"Thank you for letting me work here, Jerry" I whispered. He hugged me back and kissed me on my forehead before letting go.

"I guess you've finally found a way out of the financial problems" he said, making me nod in happiness. He gave me a bright smile when I told him about Damian's parents. "You can still work here till you find a job" Jerry said and i nodded. "And do tell Tommy that uncle Jerry will pass by with a lot of candy and gifts" He said as he walked to the door. I smiled and made my way to the couch. I sat in front of the mirror and stared at my reflection. Jeff and Celina were going to help me a lot. Relief washed over me as I realized that Thomas will be given proper care and attention. I blinked several times before putting my bag on the table. I shuffled in it, trying to look for my make up and accessories. I pulled my mask from my bag and put it on the table. I will no longer be Vixen in a few days. Rose walked back in the dressing room.

"You get ready real quick" I pointed out as I stared at her through the mirror. She rose her eyebrows at me, as if I was stupid.

"I simply need to put on a bra and this" she said, pointing her short. When realization hit me, I nodded and turned to my bag. I took my top and my short before taking off my clothes.

"What did Jerry say?" Rose asked as she started doing her make up.

"He took it pretty well"

"I think he doesn't realize yet that his main attraction will be gone" she chuckled while shaking her head. "I've got some other news" Rose sighed, making me turn to look at her.

"What is it?" I asked, frowning a little bit at how serious she sounded. My best friend? Serious? Something was definitely wrong.

"Jace said that he will come today" she exhaled. She put her lipstick back on the counter and turned to look at me with wide eyes. "I've never been so stressed before" she finally bursted out as she started fanning her face with her hand.

"Calm down" I said as I rolled my eyes. "He'll definitely like your show. But i don't think he'll like to see you stripping for other man" I pointed out and watched as she nodded frantically. I turned to the mirror, my clothes already on, ready to wear my make up when an idea strikes my mind. "The problem of Jace is that he doesn't want you naked in front of other men right?" she nodded again.

"Then replace Vixen" I concluded. "It will benefit both you and Jerry. You'll have clothes on and request Jerry not to make you dance on strangers" I tried to explain. She blinked once, twice and thrice and a smile appeared on her face.

"That's an amazing idea" she said and made her way out of the dressing room without even waiting for me to say something.

"Hey Damian!" I heard Rose greet, making me turn to look towards the door with my lipstick still against my lower lip. I watched as Damian nod to Rose as she walked away. I quickly put my lipstick away and noticed Damian leaning against the wall.