Chapter 97: Perfection

I was standing in front of the mirror, getting ready for our date when something came back in my mind. I put on my lipstick and let my eyes drift to Damian who was sitting on the couch and watching me get ready.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"What?" I questioned as I turned to look at him. He stood up and walked to me, now a frown on his beautiful face.

"You're thinking about something" he said and leant to peck my cheek. "What is it?" he asked as he pull away to look at me. I gulped. I wanted to tell him but what if that ruins his mood for the rest of the night? I rolled my lips on my mouth and shrugged.

"Nothing's wrong" I said, standing on the tips of my toes to kiss him on his cheek. He pulled away and rested his forehead against mine. I sighed as I knew that he was not going to let it go.

"Come on. Tell me" Damian whispered. I looked at him. His gray eyes sparkled as he stared at me.

"Why didn't you tell me that you were adopted?" I asked. The question didn't seem to annoy him. He simply shrugged and put his hands on my waist, his forehead still resting against mine.

"Because it is not important" Damian said with a smile. "Adopted or not, Celina and Jeff are my parents. They are the one who were always there for me" He said. "Does it change anything between us?" he asked, making me scoff.

"Of course not" I told him. "Now take me to that date. I'm hungry" I said with a pout. He smiled and kissed me cheeks again.

"You're always hungry lately" Damian told me.

"I'm eating for two! " I exclaimed and watched as he laughed. We both started walking out of the room.

"It's not good to blame everything on the pregnancy" Damian teased from behind me. I turned to glare at him but only to obtain a glare from him. "You have high heels on. Watch where you're walking. What if you fall down?" Damian questioned. I stopped walking and waited for him to be by my side. We both walked down the stairs. I didn't say anything as I knew that he was right. If something happened to my baby, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself. As we walked out of his house, I felt him tug slightly on my hand.

"Yeah?" I said as I looked at me.

"You look beautiful" Damian said. I bit my lips to stop myself from smiling like a creep. I was wearing a long red dress and my hair was loose on my shoulder.

"Thank you" I said.

"I love the fact that I can still make you blush" Damian chuckled. We walked to the car.

"You're the only one who can make me blush" I told him as he opened the door to the passenger seat so that I could sit in. He quickly leant and stole a kiss from me before I could get in the car. With a dreamy sigh, I sat in the passenger seat and watched as he closed the door. I bit my lips when my eyes skimmed his tattoos on his forearms. He had his sleeves rolled up so I could have a fine sight of his tattoos. He walked to the driver side and slide in the door.

"I was thinking about something" Damian told me as he started the engine.

"You? Think? Really?" I asked in a taunting way. Damian rolled his eyes but a smile still crept on his face.

"Fine. I'm not going to tell you then" he said, making my eyes go wide.

"Damian, you're twenty eight" I pointed out in disbelief.

"And you're mean" he retorted. We both laughed when we realized how childish he sounded. "I was thinking about how cute our baby is going to be" he finally said.

"You imagined him in your head?" i asked.

"Yeah, I imagined her" Damian said, emphasizing on the 'her'. "She'll have your green eyes and my nose" he continued, making me laugh.

"Why your nose?" I questioned while laughing.

"Because my nose is perfect" He stated as if he was obvious while he turned to look at me. Then, when he realized that I wasn't going to stop laughing, he turned to stare at the road again.

"I would have never imagine myself having this conversation with you, the first time I saw you" I told him while laughing. Again, he smiled.

"I never thought that I was going to fall in love with you" Damian told me. "I never thought that I was going to fall in love again" he quickly cleared.

"But here you are, with me and your baby, going on a date" I told him and he nodded while smiling. Just then, he motioned me to look in front. We were in a fancy restaurant. When he was done parking the car. A man opened the door for me. I offered him a smile and got out. "Thank you" I said as I joined Damian to the door. He took my hand in his and we walked to the receptionist.

"Spears" Damian simply said. The receptionist gave Damian a bright smile, completely ignoring me. I rolled my eyes but nevertheless, I felt proud that Damian was not even looking at her. Instead, he was looking at me.

"Your outdoor table is ready" the receptionist said. I frowned.

Outdoor table.

"Follow me" she said and we did. I was curious. The restaurant was so beautiful but it seemed like our table was not inside. I turned to look at Damian in confusion. We were soon outside and we kept following the woman. I noticed that there was a lake. Then my mouth dropped open at the view that there was at my display. A table was set just next to the lake. I turned to look at Damian who was already assessing my face.

Damn.