Chapter 84: Crazy

"What about we go upstairs and decide about him?" Jace asked while wiggling his eyebrows. I turned to look at him with wide eyes. Me and him? Alone? I took a deep breath and turned to look at Damian, who was now looking at me with worry in his eyes.

"You're not going anywhere with that bastard" Damian growled. To our surprise, Jace bursted out laughing. It sounded so evil. I took a step instinctively backward. When he was done, he stared at Damian while shaking his head.

"Mr Spears" he started as he walked to Damian. My heart started beating quickly. I didn't want Damian to get hurt even more. "Athena never loved you" Jace said slowly. Before he could reach Damian, I grabbed his hand. Jace turned to look at me, with a frown.

"Why don't we go upstairs?" I quickly asked. Damian clenched his jaws. "Don't bother yourself about him"i quickly said and side glanced Damian. "He's not worth it" I told Jace. My heart clenched at these words. I pulled on his hand. A smile appeared on his face. He interlinked his fingers with mine. I faked a smile. We started walking to the stairs. I quickly turned to look at Damian. He looked alarmed.

"Don't fucking go anywhere" Damian growled in anger as he stared at me. No more plans. He didn't give a fuck about his own safety. He simply wanted me here. He hated the fact that Jace had his hand in mine. He hated to think about what Jace might do once we would go upstairs.

I hated to think about it too.

I didn't trust Jace.

Think of a plan fast, Athena.

And I couldn't think. Jace pulled me with him. Soon, we were walking up the stairs. I tried to calm myself.

Come on, Athena. You're smarter than that. Think fast.

"You first" Jace said as he opened the door. I faked a smile and walked in the main room. I've never been at Jace's before. His house seemed pretty cozy. I saw a couch and quickly walked to it. I needed some distance from him. But no. Jace followed me and sat next to him. To be honest, right now he looked at the Jace that I knew.

"I'm lost" I told him. "You wanted me dead?" I asked. I simply needed more time. I needed to do something. Jace looked away, as if he was ashamed of himself. He slowly nodded. "Why?" I asked. Just as he was about to talk, his phone started vibrating in his pocket. He didn't pick the call. He rose his head to look at me. I could notice shame in his eyes.

"I was angry. I thought you actually loved Damian" he said. I love him, asshole. "If I couldn't have you, no one would" he said, determination in his voice. I knew for sure that he was a psycho then. I blinked several times, trying to calm myself. I noticed that his phone stopped vibrating.

"When you love someone, you should be wishing for her happiness, not her death" I tried to change his mind. He scoffed.

"These shits are just for books" he snapped. "In real life, when you want something, you take it or you do everything you can to get it" Jace told me. He then wrapped his hand around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him. Slowly, I pushed his hand away, causing him to glare at me.

"I wanna talk right now" I cleared. I didn't want him hurting me. Or my baby. There were so many questions in my head. He took a deep breath, then glared at me again.

"Go on" he breathed, as if I was the one who was crazy here.

"What happened on the night when I found Rose in the park?" I asked, curiosity at its peak. He sighed, then shook his head.

"That bitch is crazy. She was yelling at me because I was dancing with some other chick" he scoffed. "I slapped the hell out of her slutty self, then dumped her" he chuckled. Hatred was increasing for him. "It was fucking difficult to pretend to be in love with her. The only good thing was the sex" he added as he smirked at me. When he realized that I was glaring, his smirk disappeared. "Oh, I'm sorry baby" he said and took my hand in his. "You must be jealous right now" he mumbled more to himself. I was about to tell him some ugly words when I heard the doorbell. Again, Jace ignored it.

"Someone is at the door" I snapped, pulling my hand away from his. He shrugged.

"They'll go" he simply said. No. I hope they don't go. It might be help. The ringing became more insistent, making Jace hiss in annoyance. Suddenly I heard the door open. Hope filled in my heart. Jace groaned then turned towards the door. Relief flooded in when I saw Rose.

"What the fuck?" Rose mumbled to herself when she saw me. "What are you doing here?" she asked me, ignoring the glare at Jace was throwing in her direction.

"What are you doing here?" Jace asked, disgust evident in his voice. I saw pain flash in Rose's eyes, but she quickly recovered.

"I came to look for you so that you could help us to look for Athena and Damian" Rose said. Jace chuckled, then took my hand in his. Rose's eyes moved to our hands then to me. I was secretly praying that she would understand the situation. "What the heck is happening, Athena?" she questioned, disbelief coating her voice. I opened my mouth to tell her but Jace beat me to it.

"Athena and I are together" Jace explained. "We don't know where Damian is. You may leave now" He ended. I watched as my best friend's mouth dropped open. "I was just using you to get to Athena" Jace said with a smirk. "And it worked".