Chapter 87: Claim

I was now tied up on the table. I was crying. I couldn't do anything but cry. Jace was putting on his gloves. Damian was clenching and unclenching his jaws. I knew that he was trying to figure something out. I took a deep breath and concentrated on the tear that was rolling down my cheek so that I wouldn't freak out.

"Let's get started" I heard Jace mumbled with his back turned to me. I was now shaking. I tried to see what was in his hands and I preferred if I haven't seen a thing.

The shiny blade in his hand just confirmed my thought.

I was going to get hurt.

My baby was in danger.

"You're such a coward" I turned to look at Damian. He seemed calm but there was fury in his eyes. What was he trying to do? I didn't want him hurt more. Jace turned to look at him. He fixed his eyes on him and put the blade back on the table.

"You said what?" Jace questioned. Damian chuckled and rose his head to look at Jace. He was challenging him. What the fuck was wrong with him?

"I said that you're a fucking coward" Damian repeated.

"You're not in a good position to tell me something, Spears" Jace spat as he started walking to him. He seemed pissed. Shit. I knew what Damian was doing. He was trying to distract Jace from me. He was risking his life for me and our baby.

"I'm going to die, right? So why not tell you the truth before?" Damian questioned. No. Please stop.

"What truth are you talking about?" Jace asked calmly. A bit too calm.

"You're a freaking coward, Jace. Instead of trying to get Athena by actually proving her that you love and you care, you fucking kidnapped us and fucking hurt her. That's not what a real man does" Damian said, then chuckled to provoke Jace even more.

"Damian, Stop" I begged. Damian turned to look at me.

"See? She doesn't even give a fuck about you" Damian said. "She's scared that you'd hurt me. She's scared that you'd hurt Rose. She's scared because you're about to kill our baby" Damian said. It was quick. The punch that Damian got on his face was quick. I winced and sobbed. My heart clenched when I saw blood oozing from his forehead. Still, he chuckled again. "Truth hurts" he added. Jace was breathing heavily. He was pissed. He turned to look at me.

"Athena, he's lying, isn't he?" Jace asked as he walked to me. I moved my eyes to look at Damian. If I happened to die, I would want Damian to know how much I love him.

"He's not. If you kill my baby, I'd hate you forever. If you kill Damian, I'd never forgive you. If you want to stay alive after hurting any of them, I'd advise you to kill me as well" I told Jace, sounding emotionless. I shouldn't be weak. No more tears. Jace's eyes widened. He walked to me and took my hand in his. I was still lying on the cold metal table. I stared at him, hatred in my eyes. He was making me go through a living hell and I would never forgive him for that.

"Don't say that" Jace plead.

"Damian is the only man who I love" I said, my eyes drifting to my man who was tied up to a chair. "And even if I had a chance, I wouldn't prefer anyone else in my life. I'd still choose him over anyone. He's the love of my life" I told this more to Damian than to Jace. "I love you" I said.

"Shut up!" Jace suddenly screamed. "Shut the fuck up! Why the fuck would you love him instead of me?" He shouted in disbelief. "I can give you everything that you want!" he said.

"Would you die for me?" I asked calmly. He went silent.

"What is that stupid question?" he asked.

"Would you?" I questioned again.

"Of course I would!" he exclaimed again.

"Then let Damian go" I told him. "Untie his hand and face him" I said and watched as he scoffed. I knew that. "See? You're a coward. You're willing to kill others but you're not willing to risk your life for the one that you claim to love" I stated "Well, you see, the man over there, risked his life for me and for our baby and I have all the reason to love him" I continued. Jace clenched his jaws but I didn't give a fuck anymore. "He never failed me" I added. Damian was looking at me. I could see love in his eyes. He never told me that he loved me and he didn't need to. I knew that he did. I knew that he loved our unborn baby too. I was surprised when I saw a tear rolled down his cheek. The first time in my life, I saw him crying. There was that part of him that he didn't let anyone see except me. He cared so much for everyone.

"There's only one way we can sort this out then" Jace said as he walked to the side table. He turned to glare at me. I saw him pick up the blade. Then after a few seconds, he put it back on the table. He smirked then picked up the knife.

"Let us go" I said, sounding tired. I was sincerely tired. Jace turned to look at me, then at Damian. He stared at the knife, then again at Damian.

"The only way we can sort it out is that, you die" Jace told Damian. I froze. I shook my head. What the funk was wrong with him? He started walking towards Damian. Within a few seconds, i heard the groan of Damian.

"No!" I yelled when I realized that he stabbed Damian.

Somehow relief washed over me when I realized that it was on the leg.