Chapter 89: Destructive Obsession

The knife was soon away from my neck. I breathed out in relief, knowing that Damian was not in danger. Jace turned me around so that I was now facing him. He closed his eyes, then took a deep breath.

"Athena" he started as he rose his eyes to look at me. "I love you" he breathed. I was shaking. I was scared. He grabbed my arm roughly then pulled me even closer to him. "Don't you love me?" he asked when he realized that I was not going to say anything. Again, I kept quiet. "Athena" he urged. I simply stared at him again.

"Give me time, Jace" I whimpered as his grip turned even harder.

"How much time do you need, Athena?" he questioned.

"You've hurt Damian. You've kidnapped us. You were going to hurt my baby" I whispered. "How much time do you think I need?" I asked, hatred slipping a bit through my words.

"I'm sorry" Jace said as he took my hands in his. "But it was hell to see you with him. It is hell to know that his baby is growing inside of you. How do you expect me to react when the woman I love is with someone else?" he asked as if his reaction was totally normal.

Not like a freaking psycho! I didn't expect you to be a fucking psycho. My mind screeched. There was a turmoil inside of me.

"I expected you to understand. What I didn't expect was all of this" I snapped as I motioned to our surroundings. "Do you think all of what you did is normal, Jace?" I asked in disbelief.

"For me, it is" he breathed.

"Then something is fucking wrong with you" I told him. His head snapped up. He was looking at me as if I was insane. A frown formed on his face.

"I did all that for you!" he suddenly exclaimed, making me flinch. I clenched my jaws to stop myself from shouting back. He was dangerous. "All that was because of you!" he shouted.

"You fucking tried to kill me!" I yelled. "You're sick and you need fucking help!" I shouted. In a matter of seconds, I was on the floor with my hand on my face. Jace slapped me. Hard. I turned to glare at him.

"Shut the fuck up!" Jace ordered.

"You know I'm right" I breathed. He grabbed my arm then forced me up.

"You're not going to fucking disrespect me, you fucking slut" he spat as he started pulling me to the stairs. Slut? Talk about the love that he had for me. Yeah right.

"Stop!" I yelled and this time, he pulled me to him, making me crash against his chest.

"Listen well and clear, you don't fucking disrespect me. I won't hesitate to hurt you, Athena" he said as he dug his nails in my skin, making me whimper. I kept quiet. I didn't struggle and let him pulled me with him. He walked up the stairs, his hands enough to stop me from running away.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked. He turned to look at me. He simply looked away. He would see vulnerability in my eyes and I didn't want him to see that. Yes, I was vulnerable and weak. I felt weak without Damian.

"To my room" Jace said. I pulled on my hand slightly. My heart beats raced. "Don't worry, I'm not going to fucking rape you" he said while rolling his eyes. He continued pulling me towards a room, then opened the door. He pushed me in, then closed it immediately without walking in. I turned to look at the door. My eyes widened when I saw a huge picture of me. What the hell? I heard fiddling behind the door, then I realized that he was locking me inside.

"Jace!" I shouted, tapping on the door.

"I'm going to get you food. Calm the fuck down and stop screaming" he said, then I heard his footsteps. Maybe I was safer in this room than in his company. I turned around, and gasped.

What the actual hell?

My pictures were stuck on the wall everywhere.

"Oh my god" I breathed as I looked at the walls. There were pictures of me that I never even took in my entire life. They were pictures that someone took without me knowing. Goosebumps rose on my skin when I saw a picture of me sleeping on the couch at my apartment. I never recall Jace coming over at the apartment when I was there. I walked to the wall closer to his bed. There was a sort of planning. It was the planning to where I went or I was supposed to go. I rose my head to look at the ceiling, silently praying God to get me out of this situation. I frowned when I saw another huge picture stuck to the ceiling. I slowly turned my head to have a better look at it. It was a picture of Jace, Rose and I. We were in the wedding hall. I was in the middle of Rose and Jace. We took that picture when we were at my parents and Jace thought it would be great to take a picture.

The problem with this picture was that, Rose's face was burnt out of this. It was only Jace and I in it. What did I get myself into. I looked around. I wanted to sit down but the bed wasn't really attracting me. I settled myself in the corner of the room. All these pictures of me, was making my head spin. Jace had a destructive obsession for me. How the hell was I supposed to survive this? Being an asshole to him was making him hurting me. What if I continued with the original plan? Gaining his trust would be great. I prayed that Rose and Damian would come back with help soon. I wanted to get out here. I have to be stronger than that.