Chapter 80: Where Is He?

It was around ten already. I was not sleepy. I was nervous. More anxious. Where the hell was Damian? He would usually be home by nine? Three weeks already passed by since the announcement. Nothing happened. Everything has been going perfectly well, until now. I tried calling Damian several times but he wouldn't answer. My phone rang in my hand, giving me hope that it was him. But my hope was soon crushed when I realized that it was my sister. Maybe she would have an idea to where my boyfriend was.

"Any news from him, yet?" she asked, crushing this hope as well. I sighed and walked to the balcony.

"No" I breathed. It was so unlike him not to answer a call. I could hear Alena shuffling in the background.

"I'm coming" she said suddenly.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"I'm coming to stay with you by the time he comes" Alena said. I sighed. A little of company won't be bad. Rose and Isaac was back to my apartment. They both told me that they felt weird to stay there, knowing that there was a creep in there.

"I'll wait for you" i simply said and ended the call. I tried calling Damian again but again, he didn't answer. My eyes drifts drifted to the gate where I found Liam standing. I have to inform him that Alena was coming. So I put on a jacket, then walked downstairs with my phone in my hand. I kept on trying to call Damian. Was I being paranoid? Maybe he was held up in a meeting? But he would always send a message to inform. I opened the front door then made my way to where Liam was standing. When he saw me approaching, he smiled.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"My sister will be coming in a few minutes, so you can let her in" i told him. Liam nodded, then pulled out his phone from his pocket.

"Did Mr Spears inform you that he was going to be late?" he asked suddenly. I quickly shook my head.

"He informed you?" I questioned, hope at its peak. He shook his head, making me sigh.

"He'd usually call to tell us when he'd be late so that we reinforce security around the house" Liam told me, making me go even more anxious.

"Is it normal that I'm having a bad feeling about this situation?" I asked, my voice quivering a little bit. He shrugged but then motioned me to walk back in the house.

"I'm sure everything is okay" Liam said. "Now go back in. Mr Spears is going to kill me if he finds you outside" he tried to joke to ease the atmosphere. I gave him a forced smile then walked back in the house. I exhaled, trying to get that weight that I was feeling, off my shoulders. How am I supposed to know where Damian was? As I leant against the door, trying to figure out whether I was overreacting or simply worried, an idea strike my mind. I quickly unlocked my phone then scrolled in my contact list until I found Kelsey's phone number. I was so dumb. I could have done that earlier. I dialed her number and waited for her to answer. The seconds before she picked up the call seemed to be so long.

"Athena?" I heard Kelsey's voice.

"Hey" I breathed. "Where are you?" I asked, hoping that she would still be at work by any chance. My eyes dried to the clock that was hanging on the wall.

"Home. Why? Is something wrong?" she asked. It was already late. Of course she'd be home.

"Was Damian still at work when you left?" I asked, making my way to the couch. Just as I sat down, the doorbell rang. The door opened and my sister walked in.

"No, he left before us. He left earlier in fact. By six, I think" Kelsey told me. I took a deep breath. I didn't know what to think about this situation. I didn't know how to act. When Alena saw me in the living room, she quickly walked to me. She sat on the couch facing mine. "Is there a problem, Athena?" Kelsey asked with concern.

"No" I simply. "I'll call you later" I didn't wait for her response and ended the call.

"So?" Alena enquired, looking at me with curiosity.

"Damian left work at six and he's not home yet" I told her. "I'm so freaking worried" I sighed as I ran my hands over my face.

"Maybe you're over thinking" Alena said. "Maybe he had an urgent thing to do" she tried to reassure.

"He would always inform if he was going to be late" I told her. "Where's Dean?" I asked, noticing that my sister came alone.

"He is at his parents. Jeff and him had some stuffs to discuss about. And No, Damian is not there. I already called to ask" she told me grimly. "Once he get home, you need to kick his ass to put you through such a worry" she mumbled. Yeah, I needed to kick his ass.

"I'm so worried" I mumbled.

"Athena, you need sleep" my sister said softly.

"I'll sleep when he gets home" I told her as I stood up and made my way to our bedroom. How was I supposed to sleep knowing that my boyfriend was nowhere to be found and he was a real dumbass for not informing me about his whereabouts. I felt like screaming to get all the frustration out.

Keep calm, Athena.

Maybe I was overreacting. Alena followed me to my room, then laid her body on the bed with a sigh. I tried calling again as I sat next to her. My sister rubbed my back soothingly then shook her head, telling me not to worry about him and that he was most probably fine. I couldn't help but worry about him.

Where the hell was Damian Fucking Spears?