Chapter 69: Other Side

What the fuck was I thinking when I stepped out of the Freaking house? It was so cold out there. The security guards stared at me as if I lost my mind. I stood by the gate, trying to figure out what to do. I was lost. I didn't want to get back in the house. But I didn't want to go away from them as well. I took put my phone and called the first person I knew would be awake at three in the morning. I put the phone to my eyes and silently prayed to hear his voice instead of the tonality of the phone.

"Athena?" Ross answered, sounding really worried. "Are you okay?" He asked quickly.

"I need a ride" I told him.

"It's three in the morning!" He exclaimed in disbelief. I sighed and took a deep breath.

"I know" I mumbled. I heard him sigh. I knew that he was most probably shaking his head.

"Text me the address" Ross said before ending the call. I leant against the wall. I must look pretty helpless with my suitcase by my side and my sleepy face.

"Are you alright?" I turned my head to see one of the guards standing by my side. He seemed to be in his forties. I nodded and offered him a smile. "You don't seem so" He said as he smiled back.

"I'm just tired and sleepy" I told him. He stared at my suitcase then back at me.

"Maybe you should go back inside and sleep then" He proposed. I chuckled then shook my head. "I'm Thomas" He said as he put his hand forward. I shook his hand.

"My little brother's name is Thomas" I told him. "I'm Athena" He grinned.

"Mr Spears won't like the fact that you're out here" He commented.

"He won't like the fact that I'm leaving as well but what he doesn't know, won't hurt him, right?" I questioned with a little grin. He shook his head then turned to look at one of the guards.

"I'll have to get back to my position. If you need help, I'm over there" Thomas said as he pointed to the door. I nodded, offering him a nice smile.

After a few minutes of waiting in the cold, I noticed a familiar car approaching. My eyes widened when I realized that it was Chris. Oh damn. Damian was going to be freaking mad. Chris smirked then stopped the car in front of me. I bit my lips in nervousness. I was going to kill Ross.

"You're getting in or not?" Chris asked. Should I? Or should I go back inside? Without thinking more of the situation, I got in the car. I threw my suitcase in the backseat. "Are you okay?" Chris asked, his body positioned towards me. I nodded.

"I told Ross to pick me up" I mumbled as I rested my head against the window.

"He's actually at my place" Chris said. "Are you okay?" He asked again.

"I told you I'm okay" I huffed in annoyance.

"Then why were you running away?" He scoffed. I wanted to slap him. No, not because he betrayed Damian. But he was asking too many questions.

"I wasn't running away. I needed space" I told him when he started driving.

"From Damian?" He asked, a frown on his face. I shook my head.

"From everyone" I didn't want them to be in danger. I sighed. Life was so complicated.

"Damian can be cold at times" Chris commented out of the blue. "I'd understand if you're walking away from him" He said and before he could continued, I motioned him to shut up.

"Coming from the one with who his girlfriend was cheating on him with, your comments, you can keep them for yourselves" I snapped. Oh Ross. I fucking hated that guy right now. I noticed Chris clenching his jaws. Suddenly he stopped the car and turned to glare at me.

"It's so fucking easy to talk when you don't know the two sides of the fucking story, Athena" Chris snapped back. I blinked several times. Well, I wasn't expecting him to actually burst out. I rolled my eyes and stared at the road instead. "I never fucking slept with Rosemary" He sighed and turned his back in its initial position. He didn't? I turned my head slightly to look at him.

"You didn't?" I questioned.

"No. That day, I was at Damian's and Rosemary was flirting with me. She was clinging on me" He said. "Damian walked in and he just assumed that Rosemary and i were fucking. He fucking believed Rosemary, that bitch who was cheating on him every fucking time just to get a business deal at time, instead of me, his supposedly best friend at that time" Chris scoffed.

"You didn't try talking to him?" I asked.

"I did. He pushed me away. Even after the fucking humiliation, I still tried to talk to him. But he was so fucking in love with the other whore" Chris said with clenched jaws. "And you know how stubborn Damian is" Chris added, then started the car again. I could decipher the pain in his voice. This situation with Damian was annoying him.

"Try talking to him again. Rosemary is not with him anymore. He might want to clear things up" I proposed. He gave me a side glance, then a curt nod.

"I'm pretty sure he'll come banging at my door later to look for you. I'll talk to him then" Chris said with a chuckle. I huffed, knowing that he was right. Damian was like that. "Now, will you tell me what's happening?" He questioned, a frown taking place again on his forehead. I took a deep breath. I had to tell him. I needed to get the worry off my mind. I needed to share with someone. I started telling him about everything that was happening in my life. I knew that the ride was going to be long, so I didn't mind.