Chapter 35: Unexpected

I've been thinking a lot since this morning.

I can confirm: over thinking is not good.

It's already around one in the afternoon. Damian hasn't tried to contact me at all. I wasn't really wanting to face him after yesterday. I stared at the empty apartment and sighed. Rose wasn't home. She was most probably at Jace's right now. I think I'll be hanging out at home itself today. I unwrapped the towel from around myself and put on my clothes. I made my way to the kitchen while tieing my hair in a messy bun.

Maybe I should watch a movie?

Or should I do a marathon of the The 100?

Or should I start looking for a job?

A marathon of The 100 seems tempting. I pulled the ice cream out of the fridge and walked to the living room with a spoon in my mouth. I put everything on table and walked to the television. I was such a boring person. While sighing, I put on The 100 episode 1. I loved watching this serie. Just as I was about to sit on the comfortable couch, the doorbell rang. Groaning, I took a scoop of ice cream with the spoon and put it in my mouth. I instantly moaned when the chocolate flavour met my tongue. Orgasm obtained in another way. Ha. I started walking to the door, with the spoon in my mouth, not caring about who might be behind the door.

I looked down at my clothes. Well, I had an oversized shirt on me, it was barely covering my ass. My hair was in a messy bun and i was walking around with a spoon in my mouth. I took a deep breath and shrugged. I opened the door and my eyes instantly widened. Damian Spears stood in front of me, with his phone in his hand and a frown on his face. His eyes raked me and he walked in the apartment without even my permission, making me roll my eyes.

"Yes, you can come in" I said sarcastically once I took the spoon out of my mouth. I put it on the table next to the door and made a mind note not to forget it there knowing that Rose is quite a freak concerning stuffs like this. I could notice how serious Damian was. Something was off. Maybe it was about yesterday.

"I need to talk to you" Damian said, his phone still in his hand and he was adopting a professional attitude.

Bad feeling.

"Come" I said as I walked to the living room and motioned him to sit on the couch while I paused the 100. Damian rose his eyebrows at the Ice Cream box on the table but then shook his head to himself. When he turned his attention back to him, I noticed his eyes skimming my legs. He clenched his jaws and closed his eyes.

"Can you put some clothes on?" he asked sternly.

"What do you mean?" I questioned. He already saw me naked, for God's sake!

"I can't think straight with your ass showing off" Damian deadpanned. I huffed and walked to my room. I pulled out a Jean denim short and quickly put it on before walking back to the living room.

"So what is it about?" I asked as I crossed my arms over my chest to look more serious than him. He rose his face from his phone to look at me. I hated that frown that was constantly present on his beautiful face. He looked so confused and frustrated, the poor thing. By the look on his face, I knew that it was something that I wasn't going to like.

"Athena, I'm here because we have to talk about the deal" Damian said.

"What about it?"

"We need to end it" he simply said as he took a deep breath and quickly pulled on an emotionless expression on his face. Did you hear that? Yes. It was my heart breaking. I tried to act normal. I acted as if it didn't hurt me at all.

"For what particular reason?" I questioned.

"I feel like you're getting too emotionally involve" Damian said, totally indifferent to his words. Not even a slight of hurt in his voice. I rolled my eyes. I could feel my pride taking over. I didn't want him to crush my fucking pride and dignity. I scoffed and chuckled.