Chapter 37: Hectic Night

I was sitting next to Damian.

It was a huge table and the only seat that I got, was just next to Damian. Memories flooded my mind. I remembered the dinner at my parent's place. The sweet memory made me squeeze my thighs together in want. His sexy self next to me wasn't helping either. He was ignoring me. I decided to ignore him as well. Thomas was seated next to Celina. She was really a motherly figure to him.

"I'm so glad that we're having this Unexpected dinner" Celina said with a sigh. I smiled. To be honest, I wasn't feeling uncomfortable at all, except the whole Damian situation. Otherwise, I was happy to be here. They were people that I appreciate.

"Agreed" Alena piped in with her cheery voice. My phone started vibrating. The vibration in my bag, made my fidget a little bit. I was pretty sure that it was Rose.

"Would you mind if I answer my phone?" I questioned quickly.

"Of course not!" Jeff said and i took my bag before walking out of the dining room. I fished my phone out of my bag and quickly answered.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Where are you?" I could hear Rose ask. She didn't seem okay.

"I'm at Dean's parents. What's wrong?" I could feel my hairs on my arms rising. Something was wrong.

"No. I'm okay" I could detect the slurring. Rose being drunk is not really a good thing. My heart beats raced.

"Where are you?" I questioned more sternly.

"I don't really know" she said before bursting out in a fit of giggle. "I don't know anything! I'm so stupid! I want to go home!" she screamed making me tense.

"Rose. Listen to my voice. Where are you right now?" I asked seriously, trying not to panic myself.

"I don't know. There's a lake" She said, sounding tired and sleepy. There was only the park which had a lake.

"You stay there! I'm coming to pick you up" I ordered. The call ended without her giving me an answer. I groaned and walked back in the dining room. Damian's eyes were on me as soon as I was back.

"Is something wrong, sweetheart?" Jeff asked with a frown on his face.

"I'm extremely sorry but I'll have to go" I told them and watched as Alena frowned.

"You didn't come in your car" She pointed out. Oh well, shit.

"I'm going to take the bus and go home then take my car" I told her as I closed my eyes and take a deep breath. I walked to Thomas and gave him a kiss on his forehead. "I'll see you later, buddy" I said. Then I turned to Celina and Jeff. "I spent a nice time with you"

"Likewise, honey" Celina responded.

"Dean, go drop her to her house" Alena ordered.

"No" I said.

"I'll have the driver drop you at your house" Jeff said with a smile. I smiled back and nodded. Jeff stood up and made his way to the door. I followed behind, i was stressing even more. I tried calling Rose again but she wasn't answering.

"Holy fuck" I cursed in annoyance.

"Don't curse" Jeff scolded. I nodded and just as Jeff was about to call the driver, Damian walked out.

"I'll take her" Damian said.

"No, I'll be fine with the driver" I quickly said, not wanting to be alone with him.

"You seem to be in a hurry and the driver isn't coming so soon" Damian pointed out, while staring at me seriously.

"Yeah go with him, Athena" Jeff told me. I nodded reluctantly but somehow, deep down I was kinda happy that he thought about helping me.