Chapter 29: The Big Day

"Just try to hide it, Rose!" I huffed as I tilted my neck so that she could easily get access to the hickeys that Damian decided to put on my neck. I was currently wearing my long grey silvery dress. I can't believe that my sister was getting married today. I was stressed for her but also because I was wearing a strapless dress which clearly put my hickeys in view.

"Stop stressing! It will be gone with concealer!" Rose sighed as she softly applied it. My hair was tied up in a bun to make me seem more 'classy'. I was wearing a light make up. My green eyes were popping and my lips were slightly pink. I did a winged eyeliner, making my eyes seem more cat like. "Why did Damian have to suck on your neck like a fucking vampire?" Rose huffed after a few minutes, making me laugh slightly. The door opened and in walked Jasmine and my little brother. "I'm done" Rose said as she pulled away. I stared at myself in the mirror and smiled when I saw that my neck seemed flawless and clean, without any suspicious dark spot. I turned to look at Thomas. The little boy was wearing a suit and a glare.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I stared at Thomas who was busy sulking. He approached me and leant his head on my shoulder.

"I look like a penguin" he whispered. I laughed at his words and took his hands in mine. Rose and Jasmine were finalising their make up.

"Sweetheart, you won't be the only penguin" I joked as he stared at me with wide eyes.

"Really?" he asked.

"All the men are supposed to wear this penguin outfit" I explained. Jasmine and Rose nodded as Thomas looked at them for confirmation. Slowly he smiled, showing that he was more reassured. There was a knock on the door, making all of us turn towards it.

"Yes?" Rose answered. The door opened and Rosemary walked in. She was beautiful. Her blond hair was cascading over her shoulder like small waves on the sea. I was so used to seeing her with her neat bun that now, it was weird to see her like this. She was wearing a mid thigh black dress and her dark red lipstick.

"All the guests are here and your presence is being requested" Rosemary said while staring at me. I nodded and watched as she studied my dress before walking away.

"Why does she have to be so formal?" Rose asked Jasmine. The latter shrugged and took my purse before walking to me.

"Thank you" I said as I took it from her and then took Thomas hand in mine as we made our way to the door. "I can't believe my sister is getting married" I mumbled to myself.

"Who knows, the next might be you" Rose said, making me scoff at her words. We walked downstairs where we found a lot of people, standing, talking to each other, all dressed more magnificently than each other. It's been a while since I attended a wedding of rich people. I can't believe that I was raised in this environment and I ended up working in a strip club because of my parents. I closed my eyes, trying to pacify my anger.

"Athena!" I turned to see Celina and Jeff, Damian and Dean's parents. A smile quickly appeared on my face as they approached us.

"Celina! Jeff! How are you?" I asked as Celina took me in a motherly hug. Jeff pecked my cheek and soon released me to stare at me.

"You look beautiful" He complimented with a smile. I smiled back.

"Thank you" I said.

"And so are the ladies behind you" he said. The girls smiled and thanked him too.

"We're good! What about you?" Celina asked.

"We're good. I'm a little bit stressed" I admitted, making the couple in front of me laugh.

"Shouldn't Alena be the one stressing?" Jeff questioned teasingly.

"She is not stressed! That's why i am!" I pointed out.