Chapter 56: Waffle And Talk

"So tell me" Rose started after we ordered two Nutella waffles. We were currently in a Frozen yogurt shop. Rose was sitting in front of me, with her arms crossed over her chest and one leg over the other, trying to look professional. I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"You, tell me" I said, leaning on the chair so that I was comfortable. "What's up with Jace and you?" I asked. She took a deep breath, then started at the ceiling for a few seconds before looking back at me.

"I'm actually asking myself that same fucking question, Athena" Rose said. I looked around and then turned to glare at Rose because there were children surrounding us.

"Did you talk to him?" I asked. She nodded.

"Just after I finished talking to you, I called him" She cleared.

"And?" I urged, wanting to know whether things were going to be fine or not.

"And he wants me to stop working" Rose said.

"Why don't you? Find another job. I can ask Dean to look for a job for you" I proposed. I stared at my best friend. I knew that it was starting to annoy her.

"Why should I take orders from him?" Rose asked, now frowning at me. "Why should I listen to the person who was not worried when he left me in the park at night?" She asked, anger started radiating from her. "After that, how can I trust him again? How can I be sure that he's not going to leave the next time I don't agree with him?" Good point. I took a deep breath, mentally preparing the things that I would say. I seriously didn't know what to say. I leant my head on the table and groaned. "Exactly" Rose breathed as she leant on her chair, trying to calm herself down. "I'll talk or forgive him when and if I want to" Rose added. "Stop worrying yourself about us" she said.

"I'm not worried" I mumbled as I rose my head to look at her.

"You are. You always are"

"I'm not!" I exclaimed. She rolled her eyes and rose her hands in surrender, making me huff.

"Now tell me about Damian and you" She urged.

"There's nothing"

"How Nothing? He freaking brought you here and came along because he was worried. You're living in his house. You're working with him. You're fucking him" Rose started to point out and I quickly motioned her to shut up.

"I'm simply a good fuck" I whispered loud enough for her to hear but for the children not to.

"Don't say such stuffs" Rose said.

"I didn't. These are Damian's words" I told her, and watched as the waiter came with our waffles. Rose seemed surprised.

"You're kidding, right?" I took my knife and my fork, focusing on my waffle, trying to ignore the pinching sensation that I was feeling in my heart.

"I'm not" I said as I started cutting a piece of Waffle and made sure to put Nutella on it. "I've overheard a conversation between Dean and Damian" I explained before putting the delicious piece of heaven in my mouth.

"Overheard?"

"They were actually talking in the car on the way here" I explained. "They thought I was sleeping" Rose stared at me for a few minutes. Yes. Minutes. I simply enjoyed my Waffle.

"He doesn't mean those words" Rose told me, sounding unsure of her words. I chuckled and shrugged.

"I'm not really sad about all this" I lied. "I was expecting all this" I said.

"Athena" My best friend started and I quickly shook my head. I didn't need the pity of anyone.

"Rose" I stopped her. "I'm actually really good" I lied. "Damian and i already talked about this and we both agreed that it would be only sex, from the start" I explained. "So he was only stating a fact" I said. Rose huffed then started eating her Waffle as well. When I felt the table vibrate, my eyes drifted to my phone which was just next to my plate. That was Damian calling. I groaned and put my knife and my fork back on the table. I answered the call quickly, knowing that he would be mad if I took time to answer.

"Where are you?" I heard him ask as soon as the phone was next to my ear. I stared at Rose who was watching me intently.

"Frozen Yogurt" I said quickly.

"I'm coming to pick you up" He said.

"What?" I asked, confusion was at its peak. "I'll be coming back with Rose" I said. "We're walking back home. So don't come"

"Too late. Dean and I are already on our way" He said and ended the call. I groaned and put my phone back on the table. He was simply impossible.

"He's coming to pick us up" I announced. "I swear to God, he has become so much more protective since I was attacked" I breathed and ran my hand over my face.

"You guys are so confusing" Rose pointed out. I nodded, completely agreeing with him.

After a few minutes, Rose and i decided to go outside to wait to Dean and Damian. We stood by the parking, talking about random stuffs and soon we saw Damian's car approaching. I didn't even look at the guys and we simply got into the car. As we sat in the backseat, I noticed Damian staring at me in the rear view mirror. Then he completely turned to look at me, checking me up and down.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Are you hurt?" Damian asked. I could notice worry swimming in his eyes. I blinked several times then shook my head.

"I'm not. Why would i be?" I asked when Damian turned around and started driving again. He didn't answer me but each time, he would look at me in the rear view mirror. "Why would I be hurt, Damian?" I asked again.

"Because we got a phone call" Dean was the one to say.