Chapter 30: Relief

"I don't want to go!" Thomas screamed as he wrapped his little arms around my waist. Damian was in the car, waiting for me to drop Thomas back to the hospital. Jace was waiting for us inside because my little brother didn't want to let go.

"You have to, Tommy" I said as I dropped to my knees so that i could be eye level to him. "It will be for your own good" I said. He wrapped his arms around my neck and hugged me tightly.

"Don't leave me here, Athena" he begged, making my heart break a little. I heard the door open and soon, Damian walked to us. He squatted next to us and stared at my little brother as the latter pulled away. Tears were now rolling on Thomas's cheeks. "Damian, please tell her not to leave me here" he sobbed.

"Listen" Damian started. "You're a man, right?" he asked, sounding firm. "Your sister is going to visit you and I'll be coming with her. I promise that I'll take you away from here, okay?" I turned to look at Damian. What did he mean? Thomas nodded and took a deep breath.

"Okay,I'll go" he said. Damian picked him up and we started walking to the main door. I liked the fact that Damian was caring towards Thomas. As we entered the hospital, we noticed Jace with some papers in his hands.

"Hey buddy" he exclaimed once his eyes fell on Thomas. His eyes widened when he noticed my brother's puffy red eyes. One of the nurse walked to him and a big smile crept on her face.

"Thomas! I miss our superhero talks!" she exclaimed as she pinched his cheeks. Thomas giggled as he wiped away his cheeks. Damian smiled at his cute gesture and put him back on the floor.

"I'm taking him back to his room" Jace said as he took Tommy's hand in his and they started walking to the elevator.

"I love you Athena! Bye Damian" Thomas said as he waved while walking away with Jace and the nurse. I took a deep breath as I watched the elevator door closed.

"Are you okay?" I heard Damian ask me. I turned to look at him, then I remembered his words.

"Damian, you shouldn't have lied to him" I breathed in annoyance and walked out of the hospital with him walking behind me. He grabbed my elbow and pulled me to him, making me crash in his chest.

"Lie about what?" he asked, his voice sounding cold. I turned around, crossed my arms over my chest and glared the Fuck out of him.

"About getting him out of here!" I exclaimed in frustration.

"I didn't lie" he simply replied calmly. I blinked several times, letting his words sink in.

"Damian, he can't leave here. He's sick" I gulped. It always made me this way whenever I would about Thomas cancer. The infuriating hot man simple rolled his eyes and by passed me to his car. I stood there, waiting for him to talk as he reached his car.

"You're coming or not?" he questioned as he put on his sunglasses. I wonder how good looking his future children would be. I shook my head at the thought and walked to the car. I should start controlling my freaking hormones. I probably sound like a hormonal teenager.

"What did you mean?" I questioned as we got into the car and he started driving. My eyes were focusing on my hands which were laying on my lap. My black nail varnish contrasted magnificently with my pale white skin. I turned slightly to look at him. Damian was staring at the road, with one hand on the steering wheel and the other one ran through his hair. As if sensing that i was staring at him, he moved his head in my direction and smirked when he realized that I was checking him out.

"You should stop staring at me like that" Damian said as he turned his attention back to the road. I unconsciously licked my lips as I stared away so that I wouldn't look like a creep. I think that it's too late for that but I didn't really give a shit.