66|the calm and the storm

BECK WALKED DOWN the stairs, turning to head towards the kitchen.

"Beck," Stilinski called from the living room, sitting up straight on the couch to look at the small blonde.

"Yeah?"

"Come here, I wanna talk to you." Stilinski gestured to the spot next to him. Cautiously, Beck entered the living room, moving to sit next to the sheriff.

Awkwardly, Stilinski scratched the back of his head as he thought to himself.

"Is everything okay?" Beck asked with a tilt of her head. Aristotle appeared then, jumping up and laying across his master's lap.

"No-yes! Yes, everything's fine." Stilinski reassured quickly. Groaning, the man ran a hand over his face before looking over at Beck. "I've been trying to think of a way to talk to you about this... about-about you." Stilinski gestured towards Beck as her face fell. "But I could never think of a good way to start this conversation, so I'm just going to rip the band-aid off..." Stilinski trailed off as he looked Beck in the eye. Light blue met light green. "You're a witch."

Slowly, barely noticeably, Beck nodded her head. "I'm a witch," she muttered, hand stroking slowly across Aristotle's fur.

Stilinski nodded his head too as he released a breath. "You're a witch." Head still nodding, Stilinski glanced around before focusing his eyes back on Beck. "Stiles, he attempted to explain it to me when he was trying to convince me to believe him on all this. I gotta be honest, it's all a little confusing." Stilinski began to chuckle as Beck shook her head, a small smile pulling at her lips.

"I could explain it for you," Beck suggested before shrugging her shoulders. "If you want?"

Stilinski quickly nodded his head.

Smiling, Beck began to explain to Stilinski everything about herself. From her being a witch to her being raised by werewolves. Her powers to why she wakes up in the middle of the night screaming. All the way down to the cat lounging lazily across her lap.

As she talked, Stilinski listened and nodded his head, asking questions whenever he got the chance. Trying better to understand the teenage witch in front of him. The teenage witch in his custody.

"YOU'RE LEAVING," BECK whispered once she entered the loft

"YOU'RE LEAVING," BECK whispered once she entered the loft. Two bags sat at the foot of the steps. One for Cora and one for Derek.

Turning toward their baby sister, Derek and Cora shared a look before Cora rushed toward Beck.

"You can come with us," Cora suggested, grabbing ahold of her baby sister's hand. "We can finally be a family again."

Beck smiled up at Cora, before turning to look at Derek.

Derek smiled too, resting a hand on his baby sister's shoulder with a nod of his head. "We'll be together."

Still smiling, Beck looked down in thought. They would be together, something she always wanted. She would have her big brother and her big sister.