13|not the same

A GROWL OF pain erupted as a body thrashed against the bindings holding it against a fence. His body twitching and flinching violently as pain ripped through him.

The image of a woman smirking as she stood over a small cowering girl, her hands tied to the armrests of the chair she sat in. Whimpers sounded from underneath the tape covering her mouth. Angry roars echoed in the background.

A scream sounded as a girl's body fell onto the grass, her strawberry blond hair fanning out around her.

Flames erupted across a body as the figure screamed out in pain.

BECK SCREAMED AS she thrashed in the bed

BECK SCREAMED AS she thrashed in the bed. She screamed, but her eyes didn't open, she was trapped in her head. Feet thundered down the hall as their owners burst into the guest room.

"Rebecca!" Sheriff Stilinski called as he ran to the girl's side. He grabbed her shoulders and held her down, stopping her thrashing. Stiles watched from the door as her eyes snapped open, unfocused. She was disoriented as she tried to pull away from Sheriff Stilinski, silent tears falling down her face.

"Hey, you're okay," Sheriff Stilinski whispered as Beck tried to kick him away. "You're okay."

Her lips moved on their own, her hand twitching violently as she looked around frantically. Stiles moved next to his dad, watching as her eyes searched the room, still unfocused.

"Hey, hey, calm down. It was just a bad dream." Sheriff Stilinski whispered, reaching up to run a hand through her blonde hair soothingly. At this action, Beck's eyes snapped into focus, landing on Sheriff Stilinski's face in front of her.

Beck's lip began to tremble as she looked around, her eyes skimming over Stiles standing behind his dad. Sheriff Stilinski sat on the edge of the bed making her eyes snap up towards him again. "What..." she whispered in confusion, a tear escaping down her cheek.

"You're okay," Sheriff Stilinski whispered soothingly as he watched Beck's eyes move down to her twitching hand. He reached over and held a hand in his much larger one, forcing Beck to look up at him. "It was just a bad dream. Do you... do you want to talk about it?"

"No," Beck whispered harshly. Her eyes flicked over toward Stiles before glancing back up at Sheriff Stilinski. "I'm-I'm fine."

Sheriff Stilinski nodded his head in understanding before standing. He leaned forward as if to kiss the top of Beck's head but stopped, instead reaching forward, patting her head softly. "Get some sleep."

Beck nodded her head as Sheriff Stilinski walked to the door, grabbing Stiles's arm on the way. He yanked Stiles out before shutting the door behind him.

"Is she going to be okay?" Stiles asked as his father started walking to his room.

Sheriff Stilinski's head snapped up, deep in thought, not hearing Stiles. "What? Oh, yeah, she's going to be fine. It was just a bad dream." He rubbed his hand across his face tiredly. "Go-go back to sleep."

Stiles watched his dad enter his room. "Good night," he called after him.

"Good night."

A soft series of thumbs and thuds echoed from the guest room, taking over Stiles's curiosity as he moved back towards the door.

Entering, he found Beck sitting on the floor, sketchpad in hand as her pencil moved feverishly against the paper. Around her were the contents of her bag, dumped out to get her sketchpad. Stiles stood there watching Beck sketch, her blonde hair falling around her face. Her eyes were unfocused again, staring at the top of the page as her hand moved on its own.

After a series of long minutes, Beck's eyes finally glanced up to Stiles. "What?"

"Was that what you..."

Beck glanced down at her sketch. "We learned that if I drew the images out, the side effect wasn't so bad." Flipping through the pages, Beck's eyes skimmed over her past dreams.

Stiles stepped forward, glancing down at the sketchpad. "Can I see that?" Beck nodded, holding the pad out.

Stiles sat down across from Beck, taking the pad from her hand. He flipped through the pages, studying each image, the dates scribbled on the back, important details listed. He studied the recent entries, the body on fire, the girl lying in the grass, the person being tortured. They were only rough outlines, but they were still detailed, terrifying.

"Do you know when any of this will happen?" Beck shook her head as she took the pad back from him. Stiles released a breath as he studied Beck. Her hand still twitched, and her eyes glanced around the room. "Do you need anything?"

"My brother," Beck whispered, staring down at the image of Derek being killed by the alpha.

Stiles flinched slightly. Scott had called him earlier, apologizing and telling him what happened. How Derek was alive, how he stopped Scott and got him out of his moon-crazed state. But mostly how Derek was still alive. Stiles didn't know what to do with this information. Should he tell Beck now or later?

"Well, you got me," Stiles smiled as he stretched out his arms for a hug.

Beck shook her head with a humorless chuckle. "Not the same." She studied his face, noticing something off. "What is it? You got a weird look on your face."

Stiles sucked in a breath, lowering his arms. "Scott called earlier."

"Is he okay?"

"Yeah," Stiles said with a nod of his head. "He said... he said Derek helped calm him down."

Beck blinked up at him. "What? Derek..."

"He's alive," Stiles nodded.

Beck smiled brightly. Derek was still alive, he's okay. She released a laugh as she stared up at the ceiling. "When's he coming to get me?" Beck asked, looking back at Stiles.

But Stiles shook his head. "I don't think he is. He's still wanted by the police. And remember, you're in protected custody. If he comes, he'll get arrested."

Beck's smile fell at Stiles's words. "So, what you're saying is I'm stuck here?"

"Yeah," Stiles said, nodding his head.

"Get out," Beck growled.

"Yep," Stiles said as he moved to stand. He stopped midway, looking down at Beck. "Are you sure you don't need anything?"

Beck shook her head as she glanced down at her lap before moving to clean up her mess. "Nothing you can give me," she muttered, collecting her books in her hands.

Stiles gave her a sad smile, moving to the door. "Good night," he called as he shut the door.

"'Night," Beck called back as she climbed back into bed. She stared out the window for a moment before curling up on her side with a whimper.

Outside the window, Derek peered in as he watched his baby sister try to go back to sleep. Placing his hand on the glass, he fought the urge to break it, to climb in and comfort Beck, to take her away.

But that will have to wait.