8|poisened bullet

BECK WAS FINALLY fast asleep when the front door slammed, waking her.  The small blonde shifted out of her sleeping bag, grumbling softly to herself.  "How hard is it for someone to get a good night's sleep in this place?"  

   Shuffling out of the master bedroom, her light green eyes found Derek as he stumbled slowly down the hall towards her.  Beck opened her mouth to give him her two cents but stopped short.  Her eyes widened at the sight of her brother.  

   "DEREK!"  She screamed as she rushed to his side.  He looked pale and was bleeding from his left arm.  "Wha-what happened?"  

   "I-I'm fine..." Derek slurred as he stumbled to the side.  Beck released a breath as her arms reached out to him.  "I said, I'm fine.  Go back to bed."  

   "No, you'r-"  

   "I said go back to bed!"  He growled aggressively, his eyes flashing.  

   "O-okay," Beck whimpered softly, backing away from her brother.  

BECK WOKE TO an empty house

BECK WOKE TO an empty house.  For once, the small blonde had slept in till noon.  Usually, Derek woke her by eight with his stomping and brooding.  Heading to the kitchen, Beck found a note.  

Went to see Scott.
Be back later.
- D

   Typical.  

OKAY, NOW IT was getting late

OKAY, NOW IT was getting late.  And Derek still wasn't back.  Beck was used to Derek being gone for long periods but with the Argents in town, Beck's nerves were on high alert.  

   Giving in to her worries, Beck grabbed the extra cell phone and set of keys Derek kept in his bag and rushed out the door.  Taking the path, she knew by heart, Beck made her way to the high school.  That's the last place she was positive Derek went to see Scott.  

   Entering the parking lot, Beck saw his Camaro in the back.  It was cold and alone.  Never a good sign.  Beck released a breath as she pulled out the cell phone, dialing a number.