67|seeing things

BECK RELEASED A yawn as she began to pack her bag for school. Now she knew how Derek, Stilinski, and Stiles felt whenever she woke them up screaming.

Releasing another yawn, Beck slung the strap of her bag over her shoulder before leaving her room. Pausing, Beck peered into Stiles's room, watching him as he studied one of his textbooks in confusion.

"Stiles?" Beck murmured as she stepped into the room, making Stiles jump. "You okay?"

"Yeah," Stiles muttered, looking back down at his book.

"Stiles, we need to talk about what happened last night," Beck whispered as she stood next to him. Stiles only shook his head. "Stiles, that was the third time in the last week that you woke up screaming from a nightmare. And that was the first time your dad was there to see it. We need to talk about this."

"Hey," Stilinski called as he stood at the doorway holding a box. "You two all right?" Stiles turned to his book again as Beck looked up at him. "You ready for school?" Stilinski continued to prod.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm good," Stiles answered with a nod of his head.

Stilinski tilted his head at the answer before looking down at Beck. The small blonde in turn did not meet Stilinski's eye.

"Guys, seriously, I'm fine," Stiles reassured. "It was just a nightmare."

"I thought Beck had nightmares too, but those turned out to be visions of the future," Stilinski argued, pointing to the teenage witch.

"Well last time I checked, I'm not a witch."

"Warlock," Beck corrected softly.

"Whatever. Seriously, I'm fine." Stiles urged before glancing down to the box in his father's hands. "What's that?"

"Oh, just... files from the office."

"It says, 'Sheriff's station, do not remove,'" Beck said, reading the bold letters printed on the side of the box.

"Well, yeah. Unless you're the sheriff." Stilinski explained with a smile.

Beck shook her head as she arched an eyebrow. "I don't think that's how that works."

"Well, it is. Now you two get your butts to school, all right?"

"STILES, SOONER OR later you're gonna have to say something to me," Beck said as she followed Stiles through the quad before school

"STILES, SOONER OR later you're gonna have to say something to me," Beck said as she followed Stiles through the quad before school. "You've ignored me the whole ride here, but you can't ignore me forever. Stiles for God's sake we live together, you're gonna have to talk to me." Quickening her pace, Beck grabbed ahold of Stiles's arm, pulling him to a stop. "Stiles, I'm serious, something is wrong and we need to talk about it."

"I don't know," Stiles snapped, waving his arms at his side. "I don't know what's going on, okay?"

Beck softened as she looked up at the desperate and terrified look on her foster brother's face. "Stiles, that's why..." But Beck trailed off as her eyes landed on a figure sprinting down the stairs like he was being chased. "Scott?"