43|crimes to pay

"YOU KNOW, I'M starting not to like this idea," Isaac said as he paced in front of the large window overlooking the view from Derek's loft. By now he had carved a path into the stone. Beck looked up from her spot on the couch, book in hand, to watch him as he passed. "Sounds kinda dangerous."

"That's because it is," Beck muttered, returning to her book, Howl's Moving Castle.

"You know what? I definitely don't like this idea." Isaac declared as he continued to pace. "And I definitely don't like him."

"Nobody likes him," Beck argued, glaring over her shoulder to look at Isaac. Leaning against the armrest, Beck watched as Isaac stared out the large paned window.

"You'll be fine," Derek called to Isaac, returning his attention to his book.

Isaac turned on the balls of his feet, pausing for a moment. "Does it have to be him?"

"He knows how to do it. I don't." Derek explained as Isaac moved to the desk he sat at. "It would be more dangerous if I tried doing it myself."

"We should just risk it," Beck muttered as she flipped a page, knowing both werewolves could hear her.

Isaac ran his hand over a book on the desk, playing with it slightly. "You know, Scott doesn't trust him, right?" Isaac asked.

Beck glanced up at Isaac. "And there's a really good reason for that," she scoffed, returning to her book.

"And you know, personally, I'd-well, I trust Scott," Isaac admitted awkwardly. "I mean even your sister hates his guts," Isaac added as he gestured over to Beck. Beck lifted her fist in the air, still reading her book.

"Do you trust me?" Derek asked, giving Isaac a look over his shoulder.

"Yeah," Isaac sighed as Derek looked away, nodding his head. "I still don't like him."

"Nobody likes him." Derek and Beck grumbled in unison.

Beck glanced over her shoulder at Isaac, giving him a smirk. "You don't have to like him, you just have to tolerate him."

Just then, the door to the loft slid open, revealing Uncle Peter. He gave them a fake smile as he spoke. "Guys," Uncle Peter sighed as he entered. "FYI, yes, coming back from the dead has left my abilities somewhat impaired, but the hearing still works. So, I hope you're comfortable saying whatever it is that you're feeling straight to my face."

"We don't like you," Derek snapped as Beck put down her book, moving to stand behind her brother.

"Nobody likes you," Beck added as she crossed her arms over her chest. "And we all wish you were still dead, you asshole."

"Oh, little niece, I'm hurt that you would say that," Uncle Peter gasped in mock sorrow, placing a hand over his heart. Looking down at Derek, he gestured to the small blonde. "Why is she here?"

"Just shut up and help us," Derek snapped, slamming his book shut as he stood.

"Fine," he huffed before turning to Isaac. Flicking out his claws, he instructed Isaac to sit. Putting away his coat, Uncle Peter turned to Isaac sitting tensely in the chair Derek occupied moments ago.

Beck and Derek watched from the side, eyes focused on the two. "Relax," Peter instructed, approaching the beta. "I'll get more out of you if you're calm."

"How do you know how to do this, again?" Isaac asked as Uncle Peter walked behind him.

"It's an ancient ritual used mostly by alphas," Uncle Peter explained as he examined his claws. He began searching the back of Isaac's head, looking for the correct spot. "Since it's a skill that requires quite a bit of practice. One slip and you could paralyze someone. Or kill them."