113|new book, dark secrets

BECK STEPPED INTO Stiles's room, finding him standing in front of his case board. His eyes looked exhausted as he examined his own scribblings.

Looking at him through the board, Beck tilted her head. "Did you get any sleep this weekend?" She asked in concern.

"Why would anyone take the bodies?" Stiles muttered, rubbing at his chin. "I mean, someone had to go through the trouble of breaking into the hospital and the clinic to take Tracy and Lucas's bodies. Not to mention take Donovan before the police even arrive and make it look like nothing had happened. And... and what does Theo have to do with any of this?"

"Maybe whatever Theo's doing isn't connected to these Dread Doctors," Beck suggested with a shrug. "We don't know."

"Are we really calling them 'Dread Doctors'?"

"That's the name of the book Malia had found with their picture on it," Beck said, watching Stiles through the board. His red string connecting the dots, connecting his scribbled writing and the pictures he had taped. She could see the ripped pages of her sketchbook taped to the board—the sketch of Theo and each smudged image of the Dread Doctors.

"How's your shoulder?" Beck asked, watching Stiles as he favored his injured shoulder.

Rubbing at the injury, Stiles glanced up at Beck before focusing back on his case board. "A little sore, but better."

"You going to school today?"

"Told Dad I don't feel good," Stiles said as his answer, giving a quick shake of his head.

"Well, I'm about to get going," Beck hummed, pointing a finger over her shoulder towards the door. "I left the cream in the bathroom if you need more. Try and get some rest, would you?"

"Thanks, Beck," Stiles sighed as Beck turned on her heels, leaving his room. "See you later."

BECK, MALIA, AND Lydia walked side by side as the werecoyote showed them the book she had found in Tracy's room

"The Dread Doctors by T.R. McCammon," Lydia read as she looked at the cover of the small book. Peering over her shoulder, Beck studied the illustration of the three doctors she had seen in her vision and at Sinema.

"Yep, those are the doctors," Beck hummed as she glanced over at the two juniors next to her.

Suddenly, Lydia paused in her stride as she studied the cover too. Noticing the look on Lydia's face, Malia tilted her head. "What?"

"I don't know," Lydia hummed, as she continued to walk. "There's something about it.  Has anyone actually read it yet?" She asked, glancing at Malia.

"Just me," Malia said. "And I didn't understand any of it."

"Ohh, gimme," Beck said, snatching the book from Lydia's hand. "I've been looking for a new book to read." Instantly she flipped the book open to the first page, beginning to read.