22|good day (for most)

DEREK'S HAND FISTED the back of Isaac's shirt as he shoved the beta down the stairs of an abandoned train depot. Beck trailed behind the pair while she glanced around at her new surroundings. Once inside, Beck stared open-mouthed at an abandoned train car sitting in the middle of the room.

"Stay there," Derek ordered as he shoved Isaac into the train car. Beck ignored her brother, following them in. She watched as Derek shoved Isaac down.

"Can't you try and be gentle?" Beck snapped as Derek suddenly turned towards Beck.

"Can't you listen?" Derek snapped back as he stepped away from Isaac. Isaac's big blue eyes stared up at Derek in fear and confusion as he continued to cower away from Derek. Derek smirked at Isaac's obvious terror of his new alpha before moving towards Beck. "Get some rest. Tomorrow, we start."

Gently placing his hand on Beck's lower back, Derek led her out of the train car. Beck glanced over her shoulder and gave Isaac a small reassuring smile.

"Is he going to be okay?" Beck asked once they left Isaac.

"He'll be fine," Derek reassured as he surveyed his sister. "For the most part, he's in control. But for the time being, he has to stay here. He's a fugitive now."

"Well, you know all about that," Beck smirked before turning serious. "But why?"

"For killing his father."

"What, do they really think he killed his father?" Beck asked, making Derek nod his head. "But he didn't. If he did his eyes would be blue, not yellow."

Derek released a breath as he ran a hand through his dark hair. "Well, his dad wasn't the most innocent person." Beck raised her eyebrow as Derek continued, softly. "Isaac's father abused him."

Beck gasped as she covered her mouth. She looked over towards the train car where no doubt, Isaac was listening in on the pair's conversation.

She couldn't believe it. Isaac was abused. It made sense now, the way he acted in front of his father compared to the first time she met him. But Beck had trouble imagining how much pain Isaac must have gone through.

"I knew there was a reason I didn't like him," Beck growled as her fists clenched. Derek smiled lightly as he ran a knuckle over her jawline, making Beck look up at him. "Do you believe he did it?"

"He hasn't lied to me yet."

Beck smiled lightly. "Have you talked to the courts?" Beck whispered, a thought coming to mind.

"What?" Derek asked in confusion.

"The courts? You have to talk to the court system to regain custody of me. Have you?"

Derek released another breath as he ran his hands through his hair again, shame crossing over his face.

"Derek!" Beck snapped in anger.

"Beck, I'm sorry," Derek snapped back, waving his hands toward the train car, towards Isaac. "I've been a little busy."

"They're coming, aren't they?" Beck asked softly, her temper cooling slightly as she was momentarily distracted from the topic.

Derek nodded his head slowly, resting a hand on her shoulder. Derek knew Beck was too young to remember them, but she'd heard the stories. She knows what they did, what they've been doing to gain the power that they had. And now with Derek as an alpha, they'll be coming for him.

He needed a pack, and fast.

"Are you going to talk to Scott?" Derek shook his head. Beck released a breath. "Derek-"