102|fear

BECK'S PHONE GAVE a loud chime, startling the small blonde awake. Releasing a groan, Beck rolled over towards the device before grabbing around blindly. Finally finding it, Beck blinked at the blinding light of the screen as she tried to read the message.

blue eyes 🐺:
can I come in?

Beck could only blink as she reread the text, her brain still trying to wake up to be able to function.

...sure

After Beck pressed send, she heard a faint chime coming from her window followed by a light tapping. Sitting up, Beck turned to her window to find Liam outside.

"What the hell?" Beck grumbled before waving her hand, allowing the blue-eyed boy in.

"Hey," Liam whispered as he climbed in. Beck reached towards her nightstand, flipping on the lamp as Liam stood with his hands in his pockets.

"Two things," Beck murmured, rubbing at her eyes as she looked at Liam. "One, we have a front door that works. Two, it's two in the morning, Liam."

"I-I know," Liam stuttered as he rocked on his feet. "But you live with the sheriff. I don't think he'd be okay with me coming over at this time of night... or would it be morning?"

"Which is why you use the front door at a reasonable time of day," the tired girl grumbled, pushing back her blonde curls. "As someone who occasionally wakes up in the middle of the night screaming, I value sleep. You're lucky Stilinski has the night shift tonight."

"Is that why Malia's over?"

"Malia's over no matter what," Beck scuffed, shaking her head. "Stilinski already knows what those two are doing in there. They're not very quiet." Sighing, Beck watched as Liam rocked awkwardly on his feet. "Liam, what're you doing here?" She asked softly.

"Can't I come over?" He shrugged, still rocking on his feet.

"At a normal time of day, when I'm not trying to sleep, and you use the front door. Liam, what's wrong?"

"I... just..." Liam stuttered, looking at anything but Beck. The young witch watched Liam's nervous behavior, recognizing it. "It's just..."

"Liam, are you scared?"

A weight seemed to lift off of Liam's shoulders at Beck's question. Sighing, the beta finally looked at Beck. "Every time I close my eyes, every time I'm alone... I see that berserker thing."

"Liam," Beck whispered, watching her friend practically break down in front of her. Tilting her head, the small blonde patted the spot next to her on the bed as a sign for Liam to sit. Instantly, Liam kicked off his shoes before climbing in next to Beck. Once he was settled, Beck leaned against the headboard as she looked at the werewolf next to her. "Liam, it's okay to be scared. Pain and fear make you human. At least that's what my Dad used to say."

"I just don't understand how you and everyone else aren't completely freaked out about all of this?" Liam whispered, shaking his head.

Sighing, Beck hugged her knees to her chest as she shifted in her spot. "I can't speak for everyone else, but I know for myself, this isn't that scary."

"But how?"

"Because I was raised in this life," Beck whispered, looking down at her covers. Liam looked over at Beck, noticing the disconnected look on her face as she spoke. "Being raised in the supernatural, I don't know, kinda desensitized me to all of this. I'm just so used to it. Werewolves and hunters and guns and claws and fangs and death. The horrible feeling of pain and fear. It's nothing new to me." Slowly, Beck looked over at Liam.