77|the bomb

TWO DAYS.

Stiles had been missing for almost two days. With all the chaos at the hospital, the nogitsune took over and snuck away in Stiles's body.

No one had seen him. No one had heard from him. They had no clue where he had gone. What the nogitsune was making him do.

Isaac was in the hospital in a coma. He wasn't healing.

So much had gone wrong in such a short amount of time.

Beck wanted to stay out of Stilinski's way as he searched for his son so she'd spent the last two days at Derek's loft while they searched. Not that she had seen much of Derek, for the last two days he has been out searching for Stiles.

An hour before school started, Beck stood at the desk, a mug in hand as she waited for Derek to take her to school before going back out to search for Stiles. The witch's mind wandered off, worry taking over for her foster brother.

Everyone was worried about Stiles.

Beck only snapped out of her thoughts when the door to the loft slid open, revealing Derek and a slightly tired-looking Tessa. The freckle-faced werewolf had been crashing at the loft and helping Derek search after school for the past two days. Derek had also been helping her with control since Scott had been a little preoccupied with Stiles.

Beck could tell that the lack of sleep was starting to catch up to her werewolf friend and brother and felt guilt build inside of herself at the fact she could do nothing but sit on the sidelines.

She'd already tried multiple times to use her locator spell but it didn't work. The nogitsune wasn't Stiles. The locator spell won't find the nogitsune while it's in control of Stiles.

"Anything?" Beck gasped as the two werewolves entered.

Derek had slid the door shut when he paused, tilting his head to the side as Tessa covered her ears. "What the hell is that sound?" Tessa growled as her eyes flashed electric blue.

"What? What sound?" Beck asked as she watched Derek move slowly across the loft to his bed.

"It..." Derek trailed off as he glanced down at his bed. "It sounds like an emitter..."

"What are you two talking about?" Beck asked as she glanced at Tessa. But Tessa was trying desperately to cover her ears from the sound that only she and Derek could hear.

Derek threw up his mattress, revealing one of Argent's emitters laying on the ground. Its light pulsed brightly as it released a shrill ring that only the werewolves could hear. Derek shielded his eyes as he reached down, grabbing the offensive device before shutting it off.

"No, I still hear it!" Tessa growled before spinning towards the kitchen. Rushing forward, Tessa ripped one of the cabinets open before tossing the door over her shoulder. Releasing another growl, Tessa reached in, pulling out another emitter before smashing the thing against the ground till it stopped.

"That one way of turning it off," Derek muttered before twitching his head.

Tessa growled before rushing down the hall as Derek searched around the loft. Beck only watched as Derek unearthed more emitters. And from the faint sounds coming from the hall, Tessa was smashing some of her own found emitters.

Finally, Tessa reemerged carrying an armful of destroyed emitters as she breathed heavily.

"Feel better?" Derek asked as he stood over his own collection of emitters piled onto the desk in front of Beck. Tessa only growled, dropping her armful on top of Derek's pile.