7|Argent

"NO, I DON'T believe you," Derek laughed as his Camaro sped down the street.  

   "I'm serious," Beck argued with a giggle.  "That waitress was flirting with you!"  Derek continued to laugh with a shake of his head.  "You're so oblivious."  

   "Well couldn't she see I was already with an amazing girl," Derek said as he ran a hand through Beck's hair, pushing it back.  

   "Boo," Beck proclaimed.  "Cheesy."  Derek laughed as they turned down another street.  Beck's mind began to wander as she watched the different buildings flash past.  With all joking gone from her voice, the small blonde spoke again.  "I saw him."  

   Derek released a hum as he took notice of Beck's change in mood.  

   "Scott," Beck said as she turned to Derek.  "I saw his eyes when I held his inhaler.  That can't be a coincidence."  Derek remained silent.  "He doesn't want it, does he?"  

   "No, no he doesn't," Derek muttered bitterly.  

   "But it's a gift!"  Beck argued.  That's what she was raised to believe, that the bite was a gift.  Scott should feel honored that he was given this gift.  Beck looked down at her hands.  "One that I would kill to have.  Sometimes I don't even think I'm a Hale."  

   "Beck, stop.  You're a Hale."  

   "Then why aren't I like you and everybody else?"  Beck cried, turning her whole body to face Derek.  "Why am I ordinary?  Why do I have these weird dreams?  Why am I seeing things?"  Beck released a shuttered breath before continuing.  "Why couldn't you've just let Laura give me the bite?"  

   "No, Beck we talked about this," Derek snapped.  The small blonde fell back into her seat, releasing a breath.  "You know the bite is dangerous.  There's a chance that your body won't accept it.  There's a chance that it could kill you.  And I can't risk losing you too."  Derek added softly.  

   "I-I know.  I'm sorry."  Beck whispered, returning her attention to the window.  

   "Hey, look at me," Derek ordered softly.  Beck obeyed, turning to her brother as he occasionally glanced at her.  "No matter what, you're still a Hale, werewolf or not.  You'll always be my annoying baby sister."  Beck released a soft giggle, smiling at her brother in gratitude.  They continued to drive, heading to the Hale House.  

   Suddenly Derek made a turn, heading in the opposite direction of the Beacon Hills Preserve.  

   "Derek, what..."  Beck trailed off as she glanced around, confused and slightly panicked.  

   "We're being followed," Derek growled, eyes focused on his rearview mirror.  

   Beck turned around in her seat, spying the headlights of another car.  "It-it's a public street, there's gonna be tons of cars traveling on it," Beck defended.  

   "They've been following us since the diner," Derek growled as he turned down another street.  

   "Derek, don't do anything drastic," Beck begged.  Derek ignored her as he turned into a gas station.  "What're you doing?"  

   "I need gas," Derek growled.  

   "You have half a tank.  Derek, please, let's just go back to the house."  Beck continued to beg.  Derek moved to get out of the car, but Beck grabbed his arm, stopping him.  "Please, I-I think I saw this.  In one of my dreams.  Please..."  

   Derek took note of the frantic look in his sister's eyes.  "Get in the back seat," he ordered as he stepped out of the Camaro.  

   "Derek!"  Beck cried as he shut the door.  She watched as Derek began pumping gas into the car, acting like nothing was wrong.  That was until two cars pulled up right in front and behind them.  "Derek," Beck whimpered softly, this was starting to turn out exactly like her dream.