89|no

AS BECK EXITED the school into the quad, she noticed Liam sitting at a picnic table eating lunch by himself.

"Hey," Beck smiled as she sat down across from him. "How's it going?" Liam glanced up at Beck before turning back to his lunch. Taking notice of his silence, the small blonde tilted her head at him. "Liam, you okay?"

"I almost lost control earlier," he muttered.

Gasping, Beck sat up. "What happened?"

"I think... Scott was testing me. Seeing how easy it was to make me angry."

Beck's shoulders softened at Liam's explanation. "He was probably seeing what he has to work with. You're his first beta. The first one he's ever bitten, I mean."

"Has he had other betas?" Liam asked, looking up at Beck.

"Yeah, Isaac," Beck murmured with a sad smile. "Originally, he was my older brother's first beta when he was the alpha. But when Scott accepted his status of true alpha, Isaac joined his pack. He recently left Beacon Hills."

"What's a true alpha?"

Beck released a hum as she bit her lip. "To explain that I would need to explain everything about werewolves." Liam shrugged, urging Beck to continue. "Well, in a pack there are three levels. Alpha, beta, and omega. Alpha's are the leader, there can be only one alpha in a pack."

"Except for that alpha pack you told me about," Tessa said as she sat down next to Liam.

"Alpha pack?" Liam asked as he looked at Tessa.

Beck waved her hand at Liam's question. "A group of alphas from the area that decided to join together and form the ultimate werewolf pack. But that pack's long gone now. Anyway, next are betas. Betas are the vast majority of the pack. Then there are omegas. If they're a member of a pack, they're the equivalent to the bitch of the pack. Stiles's words, not mine. But if they're not in a pack, then they're considered lone wolves."

"But then what's a true alpha?" Liam asked again as his eyes moved from one girl to the other.

"We're getting to that," Beck said as Drew grabbed ahold of Liam's shoulders from behind, making the boy jump.

"Hey teen wolf, how was the full moon?" Drew asked as he rounded the table, releasing a wolf howl. Liam stiffened as his eyes widened, watching Drew as he sat next to Beck.

The small blonde glared over at her boyfriend, hitting his shoulder lightly. "Can you be any louder?" Drew smirked at Beck before releasing another howl, making Beck hit him again.

"You know about that?" Liam managed to ask in a hiss, watching the couple across from him. "About-about everything?"

"Duh," Drew laughed as he wrapped an arm around Beck's shoulder. "You can't date the hottest witch in Beacon Hills and not know about all her furry friends. No offense Tessa."

"Call me furry again and I'll rip out your throat," Tessa smiled. "With my teeth," she added before flashing her electric blue eyes.

"Hey, not on school grounds," Beck warned with a pointed finger as Liam stared at Tessa. "And you're not killing my boyfriend. Besides, I'm the only witch in Beacon Hills." She added, smirking at her boyfriend.

"Why are your eyes blue?" Liam asked.

"Because I killed someone."

Liam's mouth fell open before turning to Beck. The small blonde massaged the bridge of her nose as Drew released a chuckle.