𝔼𝕡𝕚𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖

(Your POV)

(Your POV)

Loud, hammering footsteps were audible, suddenly entering the hangar with irritating noise and approaching the two of you, ripping you out of the concentration you had practically hurled yourselves into and announcing a person coming closer. Wiping your hands clean on a cloth that was lying on the ground next to you, you turned around with furrowed eyebrows, not expecting the radiant smile a particular silver-eyed alien wore on his lips while he was running to you. You threw Dawon, who had been working on the spacecraft along with you, a questioning glance, but she only shrugged, indicating that she herself didn't know what had gotten Taehyung that excited.

When he eventually was near enough, he yelled in exuberant joy: "Y/N, Dawon! You have to come with me! You have to see this!"

His child-like excitement made warmth bloom in your chest, and you couldn't suppress a fond smile upon seeing the adorable way his eyes sparkled and how he was practically bouncing with every step he took.

Finally, he was right in front of you, but instead of calming down to explain what he was so excited about, his large hands took hold of your waist, suddenly lifting you up and spinning you through the air in an exuberant manner, making giggles bubble from your chest. Eventually, he gently set you down and pulled you into a hug, engulfing you with his strong arms, making you feel right where you belonged. Seemingly forgetting about what had brought him to you, his mind occupied with your sweet scent, he breathed in your fragrance deeply, like every time he was near you.

An amused chuckle interrupted your little moment.

"I'm sorry for disturbing you both," Dawon smiled, her dark green eyes glinting teasingly, "but I really would like to know why you barged in the hangar that enthusiastically, interrupting everyone's work."

Upon hearing her words, your eyes quickly darted around to take in the hangar, making you visibly fluster as you realized that indeed all the attention was on the ethereal alien and you as your interaction hadn't been quiet at all. Taehyung, however, didn't seem to be bothered by the numerous watching eyes and started jumping around like a kid on Christmas Day, lips forming the boxy smile you so dearly loved.

"They found a way! They did it!" he shouted, not able to keep his overflowing excitement quiet and not even thinking of stopping to jump around like a hyperactive kangaroo.

You exchanged an amused glance with Dawon before frowning at Taehyung in concentration, your mind processing his words.

"What do you mean?" you asked, curiosity filling you. "Who did what?"

The alien with the silver orbs grabbed your hands and gazed deeply into your eyes, captivating you and making you unable to avert your eyes from the deep pools of silver and black. "A portal to another dimension. Yoongi managed to create a portal to another dimension!"

Dawon and you gasped simultaneously, excitement filling you at the news.

After winning over the alliance three years ago, the rebel organization had slowly dissolved as the enemy was defeated. Some of the rebels returned to their home planets or families after the decisive victory while others just had nowhere to go back to (since the alliance had destroyed countless families and planets) but didn't want to stick around with the rebels anymore, so they also disappeared, most likely either to permanently travel throughout the whole universe or having found a planet they wanted to live on.