𝒞𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝚇𝙸𝙸

(Your POV)

(Your POV)

Coldness held you in its merciless arms when you woke up. You sat up and looked around, not recognizing the room as the room you had been staying in the past few days. Instead, it was a completely different room. The walls were all white, and the room was brightly enlightened, the light stinging in your tired eyes. 

You got up blinking, noticing that you had laid on the cold and hard ground, which was the reason why your body was that sore and hurt with every little movement. When you were finally standing after the painful procedure of lifting your body up, you looked around in the large room. It didn't take long for you to realize that the ground was littered with small black boxes everywhere. They weren't orderly arranged but instead scattered through the whole room, making it impossible to count them. While you had been asleep, they had brought you there, positioning you in the center of the room, the only place where no boxes were lying on the ground. You were confused and disoriented by the weird situation. Obviously, this was another experiment on you. You tried to stay calm, even though it was easier said than done. The fear of having to endure another crucial test on you was making your body tremble uncontrollably. In nervousness, you bit your lip hard, the teeth threatening to break through the delicate skin. There was nothing you could do, that's why you just continued to look around, waiting for instructions.

"Experiment Two. Skill: Hearing ability," a deep, sonorous voice rang through the room.

You recognized the voice as his, making your anxiety immediately lessen. He would hopefully try to protect you and not harm you as the other aliens had done when they had injected you a few days ago with the burning liquid!

You just realized that you didn't even know his name- did aliens even have a name?

"Earthling?" he asked coldly.

You frowned bewildered. The fascinating silver-eyed alien had always spoken directly to you, being friendly and polite. This condescending behavior of calling you by your species' name was nothing you had ever expected from him!

"Yes?" you timidly asked.

"One of the black boxes in the room will play a sound. If you fail to identify the box within a certain time, you'll receive heavy punishment!"

The last words echoed through the room, the meaning behind them hitting you like an explosion, and you swallowed hard. How could the alien that had comforted you softly a few days before suddenly become that cold and cruel? 

And what did he mean by heavy punishment? Would they give you those injections again? Hopefully not!

You furrowed your eyebrows and shifted your weight from one leg onto the other nervously.

"Ready?" he asked stridently.

You looked around inside the room. Luckily, you've always had a great hearing ability, which had saved you a lot of times in the orphanage from being bullied by Nancy because you were able to hear when someone approached you.