𝒞𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝚇𝚇𝚅𝙸𝙸𝙸

(3rd person POV)

(3rd person POV)

"I'm not hiding anything," Taehyung assured composedly, piercing the Major General with stern eyes to remind him of who out of the two was holding the most power. "I was protecting the earthling from the Yuldrian."

Stiffly, he stepped aside to reveal the trembling girl behind him, who looked at him with huge eyes filled with fear, a devastating cold, slimy feeling of betrayal winding around her chest, constricting her lungs to suffocate her. Why was the mesmerizing alien exposing her to the wrath of the Major General? Had his fear and worry for her only been short-lived? And now that she was safe, he wanted her to be stuck in her cell again like the powerless little prisoner she was?

The Major General screwed up his nose upon spotting her, glancing at the human in a disgusted manner before quickly averting his eyes to his commander, seemingly unable to stand the sight.

"What is that doing here?" he asked condescendingly.

Y/N's eyes fixated the ground, tears welling up in them, and she tried to shrink back, hoping the metallic walls would swallow her and make her disappear so that they wouldn't be able to see her anymore. The being she had once trusted with her whole heart was betraying her, extinguishing every little glimmer of hope. 

Suddenly, she felt Taehyung taking her arm in a firm hold– though it wasn't strong enough to hurt her– making her flinch at how unexpected his touch was.

Silent enough that only she was able to hear it, he whispered: "Please trust me" to the panicked girl, the black fabric in front of his face hiding the movement of his lips from the Major General. At the warmth in his voice, Y/N instantly calmed down and felt relief washing over her, but she managed to hide it and proceeded to stare to the ground while the silver-eyed alien continued talking to the Major General.

"I was taking the Earthling to an experiment when suddenly the Yuldrian appeared in the corridor and tried to attack us. I defended myself and hid her behind me. If the Yuldrian managed to harm her, we would have to change our course to get another human," Taehyung stated calmly, nothing in his composed tone of voice revealing that his thumb was reassuringly caressing the girl's arm.

"Her?" the Major General asked and squinted his eyes in suspicion.

Taehyung wanted to throw himself into the vacuum of space for his faux-pas. If he wanted to convince the Major General that he wasn't doing anything unauthorized, he had to refer to Y/N as 'the Earthling'. Not degrading her to a submissive test object and using the pronoun 'her' instead gave away their prohibited relation!

"The earthling is female," he replied quickly, trying to cover up his mistake. "Thus, it's a 'her'."

"Uh-huh," the Major General made with furrowed eyebrows, not truly convinced though his little brain had a hard time grasping what was going on.