𝒫𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖

The naked feet of the little girl created a slapping sound on the streets when she ran through the mild spring night as fast as she could

The naked feet of the little girl created a slapping sound on the streets when she ran through the mild spring night as fast as she could. Tears were streaming down her chubby cheeks, and she panted heavily out of overspending herself, but also for another reason. She was full of panic and fright, her haunted glances searching for nothing except a way to wake up from this nightmare.

But that wasn't possible because it was real.

Everything was real, even if she tried her best to forget what had happened in the past few minutes, even if she still wasn't able to believe the horror she just had witnessed at home. Her parents laying motionlessly at the ground, their eyes opened widely in horror, red liquid oozing from several injuries, forming puddles around their lifeless bodies.

She just had come from the neighbor child whom she had visited right after elementary school had ended. Later she had walked alone to her home from the neighbor house. She had been so happy after spending time with her friend- they even made cupcakes!- but every happiness had vanished entirely the moment she opened the door and saw the dead bodies of her parents lying in the living room.

She had let out a terrified scream, and her feet began to move, carrying her shaking small body far away from the house to escape the hurting truth. The pain in her naked feet, caused by edgy stones, wood, and bits of broken glass, was irrelevant to her; the fearful girl still hadn't even noticed that she had left her shoes in the house.

She stumbled, utterly exhausted, almost causing her to fall down when she left uptown and ran right into the forest that surrounded the small town she was living in. It was very dark, the towering trees absorbing every light, which was the reason why she didn't notice the body before her and collided with it at full speed. Falling down onto the ground, she tried to prevent hurting herself by stopping the fall with her hands and ended up having several scratches of branches and little stones in the soft skin of the palms of her hands.

Sensing that she was not alone, she looked up and looked directly into the wide-opened eyes of a boy who didn't seem to be older than herself. Strangely, he seemed to emit a soft purple glow, and little lights like fireflies flew around his head. His face was beautiful, his eyes glimmering silver orbs, as he looked at her in a startled manner. Briefly, he was mesmerizing and didn't seem to be from this world.

"Hello," he spoke with a soft voice in an unfamiliar accent that was beautiful to listen to. "Do you understand me?"

She first didn't realize that he meant her because she was too captivated by his voice. But when he repeated his question, she just nodded. Suddenly, she remembered again what had happened and looked around frantically. She had run without thinking, and now she was somewhere in the woods, not knowing how she was supposed to find back! Unbeknownst to her, her breathing started to get labored again, and she broke out in panicked sobs.

The boy tried to get her attention by waving his hand, but the girl was too caught up in her emotions. When it didn't work, he opened his mouth and let out the rhythmic and melodic calls of his species that were able to entrance and mesmerize other species. It worked; the little girl found herself under the spell of the mystical language and stopped sobbing, fully occupied with listening to the beautiful sounds. Entranced by it, she didn't even notice that her legs began to move, and she approached him, being drawn by the calls.

He took her hand, which caused her to come back to her senses. His skin was pleasantly warm, and his touch sent little sparks through her body. She had to smile at the tingling sensation.

The boy was happy that he had her full attention now and smiled a boxy smile. "Do you wanna play with me?" he asked cheerfully.

She nodded.

They walked through the forest hand in hand and finally reached a clearing that was enlightened by the moon. The grass and moss on the ground were soft, so they laid down and examined each other, fascinated by the other one. The boy noticed the bloody feet and the scratches in the skin of the girl. He pouted full of worry and traced with his fingers over her skin. The girl watched in astonishment as the purple glow his skin contained flowed to her wounds, and they healed slowly until they were closed completely.

"Thank you," she said politely as her parents had taught her. "What's your name?"

"You can call me Tae," he answered. "And how shall I call you?

"I'm Y/N," she answered.

He formed her name with his lips as if savoring it.

Suddenly a shooting star flew over them, and Y/N's sparkling eyes followed it.

"Wow, beautiful!" she exclaimed.

The boy just looked at the cute girl with a smile. He was glad that she wasn't sad anymore. Of course, he didn't know what horrible things happened to her, but he felt the need to protect the young human.

The girl yawned heavily, utterly exhausted from the running.

"You should sleep," he told her.

"I don't want to. What if something bad happens while I'm sleeping?" the girl asked anxiously, looking at the boy with eyes full of fear.

"Nothing will happen," he calmed her. "I'm here to protect you, so nothing bad will happen to you."

She was still too afraid to sleep, so he used the calls of his species again, this time to calm her down and let her fall asleep. He sang a slow song for her, without words, just a melody. She felt her eyes closing slowly, and her consciousness drifting away.

When she was soundly asleep, the boy took her in his arms, spending her warmth and comfort.

But suddenly, the peace was disturbed when the boy's father called over the earpiece to tell him that he should come so that they could travel back to their home planet.

Sighing heavily, the boy picked the little girl up, his species' genes giving him the strength to do so, even if he and the girl almost had the same height. While carrying her along a path that led towards a small town, he whispered into her ear: "I'll come back, Y/N."

"I promise."

1098 words

1098 words

I hope you enjoyed the prologue! Please give this book a lot of love!

Stay safe, healthy and happy! I purple you!!!💜💜💜

I will use the beautiful galaxy pic from now on as a banner, that's why I will put the link only here and not in every chapter: https://wallpapersite.com/space/starry-sky-milky-way-night-sky-5k-16658.html

Link of the forest picture: https://www.tentree.com/blogs/posts/7-of-the-most-haunted-forests-in-the-world