𝒞𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝚇𝙸𝚇

(3rd person POV)

(3rd person POV)

When Taehyung had received the information about a foreign spacecraft asking for permission to board without being part of the alliance, he immediately strode towards a small hangar of the starship reserved for VIP spacecraft. Luckily the Major General was still sleeping and wouldn't be able to disturb him. The sound of Taehyung's footsteps echoed through the dark hallways, lights brightening up only in close proximity to him thanks to the motion sensors installed in the walls.

The old spaceship boarding in the landing zone looked sordid and broken, rust spreading almost over the whole metallic body and scratches and bumps scarring and deforming it even more. What rendered Taehyung rather surprised was the fact that it was still able to fly since it was an outdated version; its production having gotten stopped many years ago.

Taehyung stood upright, the black cloth, as usual, covering everything but his eyes. The black cape fluttered in the wind caused by the engines of the starship that carefully landed on the ground and stood there for a few seconds, making Taehyung wait impatiently.

Finally, the doors of the rusty vehicle opened, and the tall shape of a person appeared in the doorframe. Light softly shone on him and lightened up his features, showing off his elegant beauty that gave an impression completely the opposite of the ugly vehicle. When the person, whose eyes before had wandered around in the landing area in a searching manner, spotted Taehyung, a smile immediately formed on his plumb lips.

Taehyung walked to the spaceship with powerful steps, trying to maintain his façade and hide the insecureness that came up at the sight of his childhood friend. Memories flooded his mind, memories of him being a child when he hadn't needed to hide anything and always had shown his sincere feelings to Jin. Now the situation was different, but still, the inner child of Taehyung wanted to come out and excitedly run towards his friend for a hug, escaping all the pressure and restrictions. 

Seokjin descended the stairs, rendering Taehyung finally able to make out all of his handsome features that seemed to illuminate the room.

When they stood in front of each other, Seokjin suddenly pulled Taehyung in an unexpected hug. Taehyung's body went stiff in surprise, and the reaction of wanting Jin to let go flashed through him, but on the other hand, he certainly enjoyed being near to his friend; he desperately needed the comfort the hug was bringing to him.

With closed eyes, arms dangling on his sides without returning the hug, he counted five seconds before lightly pushing Jin away, signalizing that he didn't want to be engulfed in the hug.

Jin seemingly wasn't offended by the clear message since his lips continued to show a carefree smile, his eyes sparkling in a soft pink color, filled with warmth. Taehyung didn't fail to notice that the handsome thief in front of him still was slightly taller than him like back in their childhood days.

"Nice to see you again, Tae!" Jin exclaimed, his eyes sparkling playfully.

The glint in his eyes was still the same as years before, making Taehyung feel a wave of nostalgia washing over him. He wished he could travel back in time and spend precious moments together with Jin and his other childhood friends that had been like brothers, but sadly reality was hard and inescapable.