𝒞𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝚇𝙻𝙸

(3rd person POV)

(3rd person POV)

In the corridor, he stood frozen with tense shoulders and silver eyes staring into space. His mind was consumed with thoughts about what had just transpired. How had things escalated so quickly? Why had Y/N fled without giving him a chance to explain? Was his jealousy unwarranted? Why hadn't he stopped her from leaving? He could have easily caught up, explained everything, and convinced her to stay! 

But instead, he had just let her slip away!

His fist met the wall with a thud, and pain flashed through him, clearing his head slightly. But the pain in his hand was nothing compared to the ache ripping through his heart.

With his entire being, he wished he hadn't screamed at her, had held himself back. But a seething cloud of anger and jealousy had overwhelmed and blinded him, causing him to make the mistake of misdirecting the anger he actually felt towards the other Lucyndians onto her. How could he make her forgive him?

The only possibility was to talk to her and explain everything.

Suddenly, he felt a hand on his shoulder. Startled by the touch, he whirled around and looked right into the lovely, purple eyes of his grandmother.

"G-grandma!" he stuttered.

She warmly smiled at him, and even though it was a genuine smile, other emotions swirled in her eyes.

"Tell me, baby bear," she spoke softly. "What happened with you and Y/N?" the wise woman asked despite already having drawn conclusions about the occurrences mere minutes ago. Yet she wanted her grandson to tell it himself and realize his mistakes.

Taehyung lowered his eyes, embarrassed that he had disappointed his beloved grandmother. 

"I tried to prohibit her from undergoing the training," he mumbled. "She didn't like it."

Jiwon furrowed her eyebrows, her forehead wrinkling heavily. "Why would you do that, though? Are you perhaps jealous?"

The silver-eyed alien's eyes grew wide at realizing how effortlessly his grandma had understood the exact reason behind his actions.

"No!" he tried to object fervently but stopped in his efforts to deny his grandmother's words when he saw the knowing look in her purple eyes.

"... Yes," he mumbled in shame.

She frowned. "Baby bear, Y/N might be someone you care for a lot and want to protect at all costs, but she is old enough to make her own decisions. You can not decide over her life as if it's yours."

"I know. She told me the same." His eyes were fixed on the floor, stinging with tears, close to sobbing. "I'm sorry."

"Sweetheart, you should apologize to the one you hurt, not to the one who's calling you out for it." To soften the edge of her sharp words, Jiwon smiled softly at him, her purple eyes shimmering warmly.