𝒞𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝚇𝚇𝙸𝚅

(3rd person POV)

(3rd person POV)

Upright in a stiff and intimidating posture, he was standing on the bridge, staring out of the enormous window in front of him that presented millions of twinkling stars to him. And the planet that was lying right in front of the spaceship.

The surface of the said planet showed a mixture of green, red, and blue spots, the various colors caused by its rich deposits of water, copper, and iron, as Taehyung knew. 

But none of Taehyung's thoughts were currently revolving around the planet; they were actually orbiting around the human girl he longed to be with all the time. With her appearance, familiarity, and her comforting presence, she had mesmerized and fascinated him to such an extent that it was difficult for him to keep his distance from her– not that he actually wanted to. The last time he had paid her a visit, he had revealed most of his past to her, his subconscious having already decided to make her one of the few people apart from his mother and grandmother that his heart actually trusted. And how much he was longing to see her again!

Unfortunately, though, he currently had to stay on the bridge as he had to give instructions to his incompetent lieutenants and supervise the mission.

Lost in his thoughts, Taehyung put his hands in the pocket of his uniform, blinking in surprise when his hands suddenly got hold of something inside, which turned out to be a small angular metallic thing. Carefully, he slightly pulled it out to examine it and realized that it was the box Seokjin had secretly given to him with the words that if he wanted to break free, he should open it.

Quickly, to prevent someone from seeing the box, he put it back into his pocket, glancing carefully at the other creatures in the room, relieved when he found all of them focused on their tasks, not paying him attention. Behind the fabric that covered his face, Taehyung tugged his bottom lip with his teeth as he pondered, failing to decide what he should do with the box. For the time being, he would keep it close to him in case of needing an urgent opportunity to escape his father's grasp.

His stiff and intimidating posture faltering, Taehyung proceeded to look at the planet in front of him that was a welcomed alternation to the plain black vacuum of space he would usually get to see.

A lieutenant joined him after some minutes, submissively bowing and keeping his eyes on the ground, knowing his place as a subordinate.

"Captain, Sir?"

Taehyung sighed in annoyance at the disturbance, making the lieutenant shift uncomfortably.

"Yes?" he answered monotonously, not deeming the other worthy enough to even glance at him.

"Am I allowed to provide you with information about the new planet?" the lieutenant asked warily, afraid to irritate his superior.

Taehyung nodded with an inaudible reluctant sigh. "Go on."