𝒞𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝚇𝙸𝙸𝙸

(Your POV)

(Your POV)

"Start!" the silver-eyed alien said with his sonorous voice.

Numbers appeared on the white ceiling above you, counting backward, the pressure you suddenly found yourself in making your stomach cramp in fear. 

𝟻:𝟻𝟿

𝟻:𝟻𝟾

𝟻:𝟻𝟽

Apparently, they measured the time in human minutes, giving you exactly six minutes to find the box. 

You stood stiffly in the room, not being able to move out of the panic that was ice-coldly surging through your veins, freezing and paralyzing you. Six minutes wouldn't be enough to find one little box out of the uncountable amount of boxes that were scattered through the room!

𝟻:𝟸𝟷

Finally, you pulled yourself together. You had to do something; you had to find the box! Otherwise, they would punish you as the silver-eyed alien had said! 

You tried to concentrate, to catch the sound of the box you were searching for. First, you didn't hear anything and looked frantically around in the room hopelessly. Then, as you listened closely, you were able to make out a steady noise coming from your left. The sound was so faint that you almost weren't able to catch it. Warily you moved towards the sound, careful not to step on the other boxes.

It was hard to locate the sound, and a fearful glance to the ceiling revealed that you had only four minutes left to search.

You walked further into the room, passing innumerable black boxes, while the numbers on the ceiling mercilessly counted backward.

𝟸:𝟻𝟺

At one point, you heard how the sound that had grown louder while walking became fainter again. You turned around to walk in the other direction. The box had to be near you!

𝟸:𝟷𝟺

The volume of the sound suddenly increased, and you clearly heard it now, making you feel certain that it had to be in front of you. So you strode forwards, wanting to find the box fast before the given time would be over. You weren't paying attention anymore if there were boxes in your way and made long steps to be as quick as you could. 

𝟷:𝟸𝟼

Suddenly you lost balance as a box you had accidentally stepped on slipped under your feet, and you fell painfully on your butt. For a few seconds, you just sat there in shock and pain and rubbed your hurting butt. 

A glance at the ceiling showed you that the time was continuing, and there wasn't even one minute left. Carefully you got up and walked further towards the sound that showed you the direction the box was in, your sore butt hurting with every step you took.