𝒞𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝚇𝚇𝚇

(Your POV)

(Your POV)

On your journey through the universe, you passed countless colorful galaxies and sparkling stars, one more beautiful than the other, making you stare out of the window in fascination.

According to the silver-eyed alien next to you, you had already spent one whole day in the spacecraft since your successful escape from the SS Commissioner. Despite all that time, though, you still hadn't exchanged more than a few words with each other. When you had questions or must have looked especially confused with how the spacecraft worked, Tae sometimes explained a few of its functions to you. For example, when you had been about to fall asleep a few hours after escaping, he had demonstrated how you could transform your seat into a bed. Or when he had explained how to open the overly complicated food packaging. 

But apart from explaining those basic things, he didn't speak a word to you, his eyes concentratedly staring out of the window into space the whole time, even though nothing was visible in the darkness apart from a few stars and galaxies. It felt as if he wasn't even aware of your presence, and while the spacecraft passed glittering galaxies with surreal speed, you both sat stiffly inside, not even looking at each other.

At some point, you finally couldn't stand the heavy atmosphere anymore and turned to Tae with a quick movement, determined to break the silence.

"Where are we even going?" you asked, almost flinching from how extremely loud your quiet voice sounded in the little room of the spacecraft.

The alien sighed, and with that action, all the stiffness from the previous hours disappeared, and he slumped back into his seat in exhaustion.

"To a safe place," he answered, tiredness showing in his voice, making you frown in worry.

"How do you know that it's safe?" you voiced your doubts, your questions uncontrollably bubbling out of your mouth, now that he had finally responded to you. "I mean, what makes you so sure? Where is that place even?"

Tae rubbed his eyes tiredly, a slight glimmer of doubt in his eyes. You were startled seeing the striking difference between his current demeanor and the way he had acted before your questions had ripped him out of his stoic state. Minutes ago, he had appeared so strong and confident, but now he looked like a vulnerable, lost child. It made you wonder why he had put up that façade, pretending to be fearless even though he knew that you were by his side and supported him.

"Honestly, I don't even know what that place is, if it's a planet, a spaceship or if it maybe doesn't even exist at all. All I have are the coordinates and the navigation system that shows me where to go, even though the destination appears to be nothing other than void. Since returning to the SS Commissioner would be a suicide mission, we have to trust the person who gave me the coordinates."

You winced at his unceremonious words before nodding in understanding.

"And who is the person that gave you the coordinates?"