𝒞𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝚇𝚇𝚅𝙸

(3rd person POV)

(3rd person POV)

Although he was supposed to be listening to the lieutenant's report, he couldn't prevent his thoughts from constantly drifting off to the mesmerizing human girl. Taehyung knew that he would never be able to forgive himself for hurting her feelings. For sure, she would hate him as well after he had betrayed her trust, left her in the loneliness of her room, and shattered her hopes of him ever coming back. She was like a delicate flower that he had pulled out of the ground where she had thrived and belonged by having his lieutenants kidnap her from Earth. And even after promising that he would protect her, Taehyung had so cowardly broken that promise and left the girl, not giving the vulnerable flower the water and care it desperately needed. She now had no one to trust anymore.

'It's the only possibility to keep her safe,' he tried to assure himself, repeating the exact same words he had told himself numerous in the past few hours.

The urge to return to the girl to defend her from danger was constantly nagging at him, even though he was convinced that shutting her out was the best way to ensure her safety. Was he missing something important? He had the uneasy feeling that something severe was bound to happen and that her safety could only be guaranteed if he was at her side to protect her.

(Your POV)

Your last moments with him kept replaying in your mind.

'I have to go.'

His usually warm silver eyes that you had come to love over the past days had been so ice-cold when he had spoken those words, making an anxious shiver go down your spine just from recalling it. Tae hadn't even bothered to directly look at you as if he had deemed you too worthless to receive attention. As if you were an object, standing in the room, meant to be used for someone else's purpose and then disposed of when you were outdated or malfunctioning.

You were broken. Your heart and trust had been crushed and splintered under the weight of the alien breaking the promise he had made to you many years ago. The shattered pieces scattered on the floor, people carelessly trampling over them as though it was just dirt under their feet.

There you were, sitting on the pallet, desperately tried to understand why he suddenly had acted that cold towards you after realizing that you were the girl he had wanted to find. But you couldn't wrap your head around it, unable to find an explanation for his sudden cold demeanor. Was he disappointed that the special girl he had searched for was just you? A vulnerable, incapable, and worthless human?

It seemed so, at least.

With a pained heart, you swallowed hard and tried to keep your composure that was crumbling like a dried sandcastle, but your attempts didn't succeed, and your whole body slumped when tears were welling up in your eyes. 

Of course, it was your fault that the alien had left you, nobody had ever liked you, and no one ever would. You had been so incredibly stupid and gullible to trust the alien with the fascinating silver eyes just because he had shown the tiniest bit of interest towards you. And due to your idiotic credulity, you now were rendered unable to tell if the things he had revealed to you concerning his past were actually the truth or if he had been telling lies the whole time to gain your trust.