⇜Chapter 27⇝

Sasuke’s group peeked at the village up ahead while trying their best to hid themselves at the foot of a rocky hill. The village is still quite far from where they are hiding. They’ve been hiding there, waiting, observing, for about an hour now. They had a long, tiring journey but they were all able to rest while studying the general layout of the area around the village from a distance.  

            Shika noticed Naruto who’s beside him. The latter has his eyes closed tightly, his tensed mouth shut tight and his hands clenched into a fist. Sweat is dripping on the side of his face. Shika prayed in his mind that Naruto will keep his cool, but knowing Naruto…

            “Aaaahhhhhh!”

            Shika sighed.

            “Naruto!” Sasuke looked around to see if anybody’s near to hear Naruto’s scream. “Would you shut it?”, he said angrily under his breath, trying to lessen the noise as much as he can. But it’s to no use because Naruto didn’t even bother to talk quietly.

            “Why are we hiding? Let’s just go there, beat the crap out of those monkeys and get Mika-chan back!”

            “Naruto, you’re too loud! And don’t stand there where anemies can see you. Go back to your position.”

            “I don’t see the point of waiting, Sasuke. We’re just wasting time. They could be torturing Mika-chan right now.”

            “Of course you wouldn’t see the point of it, you’re an idiot.”

            “I’m not an idiot! I’m a man. And real men take actions and doesn’t just hide behind rocks.”

            “And an elite ninja doesn’t just go to war without a plan. Skills are necessary but using your brain and gathering important information before a fight could mean not only your success or failure. In this case, it could determine getting Mika back ALIVE. Get it?”

            Naruto mumbled. Sasuke took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down.

            “Naruto…I know you’re worried about her…You want to become a Hokage, right?”

            Naruto looked at him after he mentioned about Naruto’s dream about being a Hokage.

            “What’s that got to do with this?”

            “Being a kage doesn’t just mean being the strongest. It’s a huge responsibility which means you always have to be level-headed and think rationally. You can’t keep being childish like what you are doing right now and do whatever you want. Your friends’ lives are at stake here”, explains Shika. He looked at Sasuke to see his reaction. Sasuke isn’t saying a word and is just looking at the village  afar. But he knows that Sasuke was listening and it seems like he approved of what he said.

            “So…what do we do?”, Naruto asks in a lower voice.

            “Well…”

            “We rescue Mika at midnight”, Sasuke said, cutting Shika’s sentence.

            “Why wait until midnight?”

            “Because that’s when the villagers will surely be sleeping. Also, there wouldn’t be that much ninjas patrolling the village. We’ll be as discreet as possible, avoiding any contact with any of their ninjas to get to Mika faster.”