⇜Chapter 58⇝

“Sasuke. Can we talk?” I asked in low voice. We were walking at the village market, our friends walking ahead of me and Sasuke. Gaara welcomed us to stay for as long as we’d like and asked one of his ninjas to summon Temari to show us around the village. He also asked his sister to show us where we would stay while in Sunagakure. Temari-san suggested we go see the market first so we could also find something to eat.

            I tagged on Sasuke’s sleeve when he didn’t answer.

            “Sasuke.”

            “What?” he asked sounding uninterested while looking straight ahead.

            “We have to talk. What did you mean when you said there’s been a change of plan? Why did you tell Gaara-sama that we don’t need his help? That I’m not leaving?”

            Sasuke turned his head just enough so he could look at me.

            “Because you are not leaving,” he replied simply, putting a little emphasis on the word ‘not’. Then he shifted his eyes back front.

            “What do you mean? Sasuke, I…”

            “You’re not leaving me, Mika,” he interrupted, sounding a little irritated. I was taken aback.

            “But…” I started to protest but was interrupted yet again, this time by a familiar voice.

            “Hello there,” Kakashi greeted with smiling eyes. He briefly waved his hand to us.

            “Kakashi. What are you doing here?” asked Sasuke as we paused for a stop. Sasuke put one hand inside his pocket.

            “Oh nothing. It’s just about the alliance between Konoha and Suna,” he replied casually.

            “What about it?”asked Shika.

            “Every once in awhile a trusted high-ranking ninja from our village will come here to talk to the Kazekage-sama and the rest of Sand Village’s officials or the other way around. It’s to ensure that our alliance with the Sand remain strong.”

            “I see.”

            Kakashi gave another smile before he turned his attention on Sasuke.

            “So…you took my advice eh. And here I thought you weren’t paying attention.”

            “What advice?” asked Sasuke, his forehead wrinkled in a bit of confusion.

            “To get a girl and make another Uchiha,” Kakashi answered then laughed.

            Sasuke and I turned red like a tomato. Then to everyone’s surprise, he punched the laughing Kakashi so hard Kakashi flew like a paper plane across the street. He landed on a trash can full of garbage.

            “Oh my God! Kakashi-sensei, are you alright?” I asked, completely shocked that Sasuke actually punched his former sensei. Although I guess I shouldn’t really be surprise. It’s the hot-headed Sasuke Uchiha after all.

            Kakashi’s head popped up from the pile of stinky garbage looking like he was drunk.

            “I’m okay,” he said in an unconvincing voice. Everyone finally laughed, including me. Kakashi was just too funny for me to not laugh with the rest of my friends. Besides, knowing Kakashi I’m sure he’s alright.

            “So ahm…Mika-chan,” I heard Naruto say.

            “Yes?”

            “Are you pregnant?” he asked ever so innocently.

            Sasuke and I both turned deep red yet again at the silly and pretty embarrassing question. I almost punched Naruto in the face.

            “What the hell are you asking me, Naruto!?” I screamed at him, completely overwhelmed with embarrassment. It seemed like an embarrass-Mika-and-Sasuke day today. I swear I wanted earth to open up and eat me just so I could disappear from their eyes.

            “What will you name the baby?”

            “I am NOT pregnant you…you freakin’…idiot!” I screamed once again. I could feel my face becoming so warm. I was sure I was already looking like an over-riped tomato.

            “You’re not pregnant? But…didn’t you and Sasuke kiss?” he asked looking all confused.

            “That’s not how babies are made, you know?”

            Naruto’s head tilted to the side in bewilderment.

            “No? Then how do you make babies? Have you done it with Sasuke yet?”

            This time I really did punch him in the face. Naruto flew across the street and landed on the same pile of trash that Kakashi landed on earlier.

“Does he seriously doesn’t know that?” I asked Shikamaru who’s standing next to me. I was still flabbergasted by Naruto’s questions and utterly embarrassed at the same time.

            “Could be. With Naruto any kind of stupidity is possible,” Shika replied then moved closer to where everyone was.

            My eyes rolled in contempt while my friends continued with their laughter at Naruto and Sasuke’s expense. Everyone was having a good time when my eyes suddenly caught a glimpse of something or someone hidden behind one of the rustic buildings. It seemed to resemble a person wearing a black cloak. My forehead wrinkled.

            Could it be…?

            I took one look at my friends who were all still busy being rowdy and left without saying a word, curiosity winning over better judgment. I stepped towards where I saw what seemed to be a cloak was. When I turned to that corner, the thing was gone but I was able to see just enough of it disappearing around the other corner of the building for me to be able to follow it. I hurried towards it but every time I would take the turn that supposed to reveal what I wanted to see, that thing or person would disappear into another corner. I followed it, nevertheless, until I ended up in what seemed to be a deserted part of the village. The buildings, or what was left of them, still stood but sand had occupied their floors as what I had imagined them to be like before the buildings were built. Weeds and wild flowers were scarcely growing around them.

            “Hello?” I called when I did not see anyone around. When I heard nothing, I called again.

            “Hello?” Is anyone here?”

            I let looked around, carefully scanning every corner that might be a hiding place for someone, but found no one. I let another minute passed. Still nothing. I let out a sigh and turned to go back to the market but I sensed someone appeared. Surprised, I turned around yet again to face the run downed place and found HIM standing in front of me. A faint gasp escaped my mouth as I stare at the man who I never taught I would ever get to meet.

            “I---Itachi-san!?”    

Author's note: Yes, I do think that Naruto WOULD know how babies are made :3 I just thought it would be funny if he doesn't know so I wrote it that way. hahahhaha