⇜Chapter 52⇝

“I’m sorry, Mika. I can’t let him have you after all. I want you for myself.”

            Those words left me speechless. I couldn’t believe what I just heard. It certainly wasn’t something that I would expect Sasuke to say. Not to me especially. For all I knew he loathed me. Despised me. He wanted me gone. Nevertheless it made me happy. But even so, I had learned my lesson. This time I wanted to make sure that I wouldn’t be dragged into another emotional rollercoaster ride and end up with nothing but tears.

            “If you want me…if you want to be with me…then I need you to do something for me first.”

            “Anything. Just say it and it will be done,” he replied. Another response that I did not expect him to say. I was ready for another argument. Because that’s what I was used to. That’s what Sasuke thought me to get use to.

            I gently broke away from Sasuke’s embrace to meet his eyes.

           “Leave Zero alone. Let him live. And…I need you to stop with your games. If you want me, then own up to it. Stop keeping me guessing. Stop pushing me away.”

            Silence engulfed us. Ino and Naruto were watching, listening to our conversation. While Sasuke and I were just staring at each other’s eyes. Sasuke seemed to be thinking. He was probably trying to determine how serious I was with my request. He let another minute pass before he broke the deafening silence with a question that I never thought I would ever hear him ask.

            “If I do that…will you be mine?”

            “Yes. I will be yours for as long as you want me,” I answered, trying to choke away the tears.

            Sasuke caressed my red cheek lovingly. Then he slowly lowered his head towards mine. I knew what was coming. I knew what he was going to do. And it was making me so nervous and overwhelmingly happy. My heart was pounding inside my chest and my cheeks felt warm even with the freezing temperature that surrounded us.

             When his lips met mine, I wanted to just run away with him and forget about the rest of the world. Everything around us was chaos. We’ve been pummeled by problems after problems. And this relationship, for sure, will not solve any of them. If anything, it might just complicate our already complicated lives. But this moment felt so perfect. So right. And it made me forget about the heartaches, the obstacles, the jealousies, the pain. This right here made it all worth enduring every drop of tear I shed. His kisses might be magic, I thought. I never knew that one simple kiss could make you feel so loved. I never knew that it could make you feel so alive and so indescribably happy.

             Sasuke released my lips and I found myself staring back at his black eyes. His eyes have never looked so gentle. They seemed like they were glistening like crystals bathing in sunlight. Like he was an angel who graced me with his presence and affection, although it must have been because I was deeply in love with him.      

            Sasuke smiled and I smiled back at him. I could feel my face getting warm, it was embarrassing.

            “What is happening here? What are you people doing?” we heard someone say. We all turned to look at the new arrival. Prince Hiro. He’s panting as if he had just been on a marathon and his forehead was wrinkled in anger as he looked at each one of us. His sight rested on Ino and Zero.

            “Why are you helping the enemy?” he asked, his voice thundering.

            “Prince Hiro. I feel that Zero have a good reason for attacking the palace,” I said in a low voice. I was trying my best to sound respectful.