⇜Chapter 17 ⇝

I was walking fast away from the hospital. I had no particular destination in mind. I just wanted to get away from there because Sakura really ruined my mood. It’s the first time we met and I already hate her. So I guess Sasuke and her have something in common. They both have a talent in making me angry!

            While walking earlier I was thinking of where to go. I still don’t know the village that well and the only places that I knew to go are my apartment, the market, the Hokage’s office and the training ground. I thought about going home but there’s nothing in my apartment. I might just end up thinking of what happened in the hospital and be even more angrier. So I decided to go somewhere else. I ended up here at the training ground. I did some “training” to take my mind off of Sakura and to help me relax. But I only did 2 rounds of running before I stopped. Anger is still creeping inside me.

            Damn!

           I walked to the tree that I hit when Tsunade kicked me and sent me flying. I sat under it and leaned on its thick body. I let the breeze fan me and I looked up at the sky. My eyes caught the white, fluffy clouds. I don’t know how but there’s something about those clouds that calms me. Before I knew it, I was enjoying watching clouds! I guess Shikamaru has influenced me well.

            “I knew I’d find you here.”

            I turned to look at the person who spoke. It’s Shika. He’s standing about an arms length away from me. He has his hands in his pockets. I didn’t say anything. I just looked at the clouds again.

            “Come on, I need you to meet someone.”

            “Who?”

            “My father.”

            “Ah---huh?”

                                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            Shikamaru didn’t give me a chance to say no. He started jumping from tree to tree and out of the training ground. I had no choice but to run as fast as I could to catch up to him. I couldn’t even speak so I couldn’t protest or ask questions. Every now and then he would stop to let me catch up to him then he’d continue to jump on the roof of the houses until he stopped in front of a house that’s much like the others. It took me a minute to finally be able to reach him. When I did, I was panting really hard.

            “You’re too slow. We gotta do something about your speed.”

            My jaw dropped. I am too slow? Hello? I’m an ordinary girl. He’s a ninja. Is there really a comparison there?

          Shika went inside the house. I felt a little bit of hesitation because I figured this is his house and I am going to meet his father. But I went in and followed him inside anyway.

            “Dad. Dad.”

            “Oh Shikamaru. You’re home.”

         Shika and I both looked at the young woman who peaked her head at door to our right. She’s wearing an apron so I took that room to be the kitchen. She’s got long black hair and fair skin. She’s ordinary looking but she has a kind-looking face.

            “Nee-san, where’s dad?” (Nee-san or onee-san = big sister)

        “He went out for a bit but he’ll be back soon. Is that her?”, she asked referring to me.