⇜Chapter 2 ⇝

NOTE: all conversations were supposed to be in japanese. They were just written in english so everyone could understand them. And also, I can't speak Japanese that well. 

==================================================================

           I opened my eyes but immediately closed them when the strong ray of sun blinded me. I waited a few seconds before trying to open them again. The sun still hurts my eyes but they slowly got used to the sun’s blinding light. Slowly, I raised my head and looked around. I can’t see anyone or anything but water!

            “What the!”

            I raised my upper body to see further but the sudden movement made my weak muscles give in and my body slipped from the bench. I made a splash as my body drop in the water. I panicked. Instinct made me move my arms and legs so I can pull myself above the water and a rush of adrenalin helped me do so. I engulfed a huge amount of air as soon as I hit the surface and grabbed onto the floating bench. I looked around once more and find nothing.

            “What the hell happened? How long was I sleeping? Where’s everybody? Could it be that…”

            My heart raced. Fear started to engulf my being as the thought of being alone and lost in the sea flooded my mind. What am I going to do? I was never a good swimmer. Hell I can’t even swim! What if I drifted so far from where our ship sunk? How can anyone find me?

            Once again I panicked. I kicked my feet to push myself up so I could see more of my surrounding. But the sudden, forceful kick gave my left leg a cramp and I fell hard on the bench. My face would have hit the wooden seat if my arms were positioned differently. But still, my abdomen hit the edge of the seat. I shut my eyes tight and cried in pain. I took a few deep breathes to help with the pain. Then, as painful as it is, I straightened my leg to relax my tense muscles. A minute later and the cramp was gone. Moving slowly this time, I pulled myself up using my arms and legs and looked left and right. Nothing.

            I let my lower body drop in to the water to let my arms rest and let out a disappointed sigh. I turned around to see what’s behind me and saw…

            “An...an island!”

*****

            “Is this for real? There is an island?”

            I blinked a few times thinking that my eyes might just be deceiving me. But the image of the island remained. And it looks so big right in front of me. I must be about 2 or 3 miles away from it!

            “Oh my God! I might just make it.”

            I gathered my strength and maneuvered the bench around so it faces the island. Then with a new found hope, I started kicking both my legs to push the bench and myself towards it. I’ve only just advanced a few feet when my legs started cramping again. So I rested and let the cramp pass before I started moving them again.

            It must have taken me 5 or 6 hours to reach the shore. And I must have stopped dozens of times along the way but I made it! Exhausted, I dragged my weary body out of the water and to the sandy beach and collapsed. The sun was hot against my already sun-burned skin and my throat dry from dehydration but I refused to get up and out of the sun and I just laid there for a couple of minutes. When I couldn’t take the burning sun any longer, I forced myself to get up and find a shade which wasn’t hard to do since the beach is lined by trees.   

            Dehydration gave me a blurry vision and I felt dizzy for a moment. I sat still and waited until my dizziness and blurry vision were gone before I looked around to survey the surrounding. It’s a beautiful beach with a nice tropical weather and fine white sand. There are coconut trees and some fruitless trees that I’m not familiar with. They made up the wall of trees that separates the forest behind them and the beach.