⇜Chapter 30⇝

Sasuke wiped off the warm liquid dripping at the corner of his mouth then quickly jumped a few feet back when he noticed Shiro charging at him again. He was still in mid-air when Shiro’s fist made contact with the wooden floor, crashing it into pieces which flew all over the almost empty storage house. A sharp piece of wood flew in between Naruto and Kuro. Both instantly moved away from each other to avoid the “knife”. Shikamaru, Inoo and I, on the other hand, shielded ourselves with our arms to protect our faces.

            Shiro continued on with his attack and quickly followed Sasuke, who barely had time to land his feet on the floor before he needed to jump away again to avoid another attack. They played chase for a minute more before Shiro suddenly gained speed, catching Sasuke by surprise, and caught him mid-air. Shiro landed another hard punch on Sasuke’s face, sending him flying back yet again. This time the young Uchiha ungracefully landed on his feet with his right hand lightly touching the floor for balance and moving a few feet backwards even after his feet reached the ground. But his eyes never left  Shiro.

            Damn! He’s fast for his size.

            Sasuke activated his sharingan.

            “Oh. The famous sharingan. Finally. I thought I wouldn’t get the honor of seeing it”, Shiro said mockingly then proceeded to give Sasuke an annoying, devilish grin.

            “Hugh. I admit, I didn’t think that I would need to use my sharingan on you. I didn’t expect you to be able to move as fast as you could. Your brute strength is also worth noticing”, Sasuke utters, sounding confident as usual, while he stands. He puts his hand on his waist, eyeing his opponent the entire time for any indication of an attack. “Unfortunately for you, those are all the cards you have to play, aren’t they?”

             “Bwahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha! Let’s find out, shall we?”

            Shiro charged at Sasuke at a faster speed. But this time Sasuke’s prepared so he was able to unsheathe his sword and use it to block Shiro’s arm. The blade made a sharp clanging sound as if it made contact with another metal. Sasuke’s sword is as sharp as a blade could be but no blood appeared.

            Hmm. Chakra around his arm. Interesting.

            Sasuke’s eyes briefly widened in surprised when, all of a sudden, the dense chakra around Shiro’s arm crawled on to his sword, quickly making its way to his heart. Sasuke reacted by forming a chidori around his upper body, using it as a shield and successfully blocking his opponent’s attack. But Sasuke was in for yet another surprise when Shiro’s chakra turned into chidori and fused in to that of Sasuke’s. It was quick and something Sasuke, or any of us, would never have expected. In an instant, Shiro’s chidori engulfs Sasuke’s and at the same time, seeming to have created a channel which it uses to find its way to Sasuke’s body. Sasuke was forced to use Amaterasu as counter-attack to get away. The black flame ate all of the chidori. Shiro was also forced to step a few feet back to avoid getting himself eaten by the black flame as well.

            ”Black flame. The fire that engulfs everything it touches.”

            “So you know about the Amaterasu as well”, says Sasuke.

            “I know a lot about you and your abilities, Sasuke Uchiha. Those eyes of yours…the cursed gift worse than the worst curse…power beyond any ninja’s dreams. The ability to control his opponent and time itself. I’ve heard and studied about those eyes’ limitations as well. How they affect the user…how they steal the light from those cursed enough to be able to activate them. My ancestors have passed from generation to generation the idea that the sharingan and its power came from hell, a gift from Satan himself. A power that has to be avoided, even feared. And a power that we should be grateful to not have.”

            “But…with them the possibilities are endless.” Shiro said as we watch him look up at the ceiling as if there is something there. Something that he’s been longing for. Something that he’s aiming to have. “That’s why…I want them. I want those cursed eyes of yours. You…you who doesn’t have a real goal in life. You who uses your cursed gift to your own satisfaction and enjoyment. You who doesn’t even have a family to protect. You who uses that power for nothing. What good does it bring if someone like you possesses a power as great as yours? Ha? You are a wasted existence. An undeserving receiver of those eyes.”

            Silence.

            “Those eyes…I’M GOING TO TAKE THEEEMMM!!!”, shouts Shiro as he charges at Sasuke with his own version of a chidori sword. Sasuke prepared to counter Shiro’s attack with his own chidori sword, thicker and denser than he usually makes it. Shiro used his overwhelming strength to his advantage and brought down his sword with all his might, almost sending Sasuke to his knees. The effect of two chidori fitted against each other created a deafening chirping sound as their power clashes in battle. Lighting currents escape from them as if to avoid the edge of the swords. Sasuke fights Shiro with all his might but he’s having a tough time gaining an edge. He was about to use his sharingan to cast a genjutsu on Shiro but the latter somehow realized it and squirted water from his mouth, which fired directly at Sasuke’s eyes. Sasuke turned his head in time to avoid the water but it was enough for Shiro to make his next move. Arms crawled from out of his chidori and quickly moved around towards Sasuke’s back and pierced the younger man from behind.

            “Sasuke!”, I screamed his name in terror. But Sasuke turned into dozens of black hawks which flew away until they disappeared.

            Out of nowhere, fireballs came rushing to where Shiro is standing but the man easily avoided them. Sasuke then appeared behind him, caught him with a long thin thread which he sometimes lit on fire to burn his opponent. But he didn’t use it for that purpose this time. He pulled the thread to tighten its grip on Shiro’s body, leaving him almost completely immobile. A thick layer of chidori then swiftly made its way towards Shiro’s heart but the latter blocked it with his own dense layer of chakra. He also used chidori to cut Sasuke’s thread that’s holding him, then he surprised everyone by firing a chidori at Sasuke. The thin two-foot chidori pierced through Sasuke’s chest, sending generous amount of blood dripping on the floor. When Sasuke’s chidori’s current that was left where it meet Shiro’s chakra disappeared, the bigger man’s chakra shield disappeared as well revealing Shiro holding what seems to be a 3-foot bow made out of chidori. Shiro fired another arrow at Sasuke who was barely able to move. The arrow pierced through his flesh a few inches below his right shoulder, its force sending him back and nailing him to the wooden wall.  

            Oh no! Sasuke!

            Panicking, I tried to fire some ice crystals at Shiro but my poor concentration didn’t do anyone any good. Those ice crystals barely reach a few feet and with hardly any force. They quickly turned to water as soon as they touch the floor, letting me know exactly how futile my attempt was. I’m badly wounded, in pain and on a panic. What good am I to my team? What good am I to Sasuke who has saved me several times?

Shiro walked to where Sasuke is, gave him one quick slice on the chest with his chidori before he buried his middle and pointing fingers in between Sasuke’s sharingan and its socket. Tears fell from my eyes as I watch Shiro brutally tear Sasuke’s eyes away from their sockets.

              “Sasukeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!”