⇜Chapter 14 ⇝

Shikamaru and I entered the huge gate entirely made out of metal when the guard ninjas opened it for us. He showed up earlier at my apartment completely unannounced and said that the Hokage wants to see me. Shika didn’t bring me to Tsunade’s office like before. Instead, he brought me here. It’s a part of the Konoha forest that’s located at the outskirts of the village. The gate that we entered is connected to giant walls that circled around a small chunk of the forest. It looks like a cage.

            Shika led me to the heart of the “cage” where there is a clearing. At a distance I can see part of a river, its water glistening in the sun. In the middle of the clearing stands Tsunade. It’s obvious that she’s been waiting for us. Beside her is a ninja wearing a mask that covers half of his face. He has white hair and his ninja head band is covering his left eye. I recognized him as Kakashi, team 7’s former sensei (teacher).

            “Good morning”, I greeted them. “You wanted to see me, Tsunade-sama?”

            “Yes. There’s something very important that I have to know about you.”

            There’s something important that she gotta ask me? I looked around us. We are in a forest. Why do we have to be here if she just wants to talk to me? I brought my eyes back to the beautiful ninja leader. She’s looking intently at me like she always does every time I meet her.

            “How did you know about the Hokages?”

            My heart raced at the very question she asked. How am I going to answer her? Can I tell her the truth? Will she believe me? I looked at her in the eye. She looks very serious. She means business, I can tell. And she won’t take anything less than the truth. But will she believe the truth? That I don’t know. And I don’t know how she’ll react or what she’ll do if I tell her the truth and she doesn’t believe me.

            “Ahm….everybody knows the Hokages”, I said, which is true but not what she really wanted to hear. She raised an eyebrow. I gulped.

            “Ahm…” Damn it! What am I gonna do?

            Before I could even think of anything else to say, Tsunade raised her right arm and slapped me in the face with one swift move. I was sent flying to the ground. I hit the ground hard. It made me feel like I have a stiff neck or something. I swear I even heard a pop of a bone. I touched my jaw which is hurting really bad and I can tell that it popped out of its socket a little. I know because I was a nursing student back home and my father was a chiropractor who thought me ever since I was a little girl.  Now I am thankful that I listened to my father when he was patiently teaching me about his job because I am able to use that knowledge to pop my jaw bone back to its place. I cried with pain but I tried to calm myself after.

            I turned to face Tsunade which made me feel like everything around me is spinning. Damn! She really gave me a good slap.

            I let the dizziness pass then I slowly looked up to face her. Tsunade, Kakashi and Shikamaru are just looking at me, waiting for my reaction. No one’s moving an inch to help me. So I slowly got up on my own. I touched the corner of my lip and realized that it’s cut and bleeding.

            Is she gonna kill me now? Is she done being patient? Should I try to explain myself? Or should I start running?

            While I’m contemplating on what to do next, Tsunade vanished from my sight and appeared in front of me. Before I could react, she gave me a good punch in the face which sent me flying again. But this time before I could hit the ground, she’s in front of me again and she kicked me on my stomach. I flew even further and my body slammed into a tree. I hit the hard ground face down and I lost consciousness.

            I opened my eyes slowly. I can feel a dumped clothe on my forehead. I brought my hand to it and grabbed it. Then my memory reminded me of what happened. Tsunade beat me up and I passed out!

            God, I can’t believe I survived that.

            I slowly moved to sit.

            “Be careful. Your rib is not fully attached yet.”

           I quickly turned, which made me grimace because of pain, to face the person who owns that voice. Tsunade. She’s behind me leaning on the tree that I slammed into. My heart raced in an instant and I became alert. I quickly scanned the surrounding with my eyes to see where the others are. Kakashi is standing not far from where Tsunade is, reading a perverted book, and Shika is actually sitting about five feet from me. Beside him are some emergency medical supplies.

            “You need to see a medical ninja next week to completely heal your injuries”, Tsunade continued. “I took care of the minor ones but your broken rib cannot be fixed in a single treatment.”

            She treated my injuries!? I touched the corner of my lips that has a cut and was bleeding earlier. The cut is gone and there’s no pain at all. I examined the rest of my body. No bruises. Not even a scratch. The only sign that what happened earlier is true is the pain that I feel every time I turn my body without care. I got a broken rib, that’s what Tsunade said. And she fixed it. How long was I unconscious? And why did she heal me? I thought she was trying to kill me?

            “Take a rest, Mika. You need to let your injury heal. But don’t slack and do nothing either. Shikamaru will help train you and Kakashi will supervise your training”, Tsunade said then left. I was left confused.

            “Training?”

            “Yo. I haven’t introduced myself to you, yet, young miss. I’m Kakashi Hatake”, Kakashi said, his eyes smiling.  He bowed slightly which I awkwardly answered with a bow. Well, a really slight bow of the head since my body hurts when I bend.

            “H-hello. I’m…ahm…Mika.”

            Well this is really awkward and a little scary.

            “It’s nice to finally meet you, Mika.”

            “Finally?”

            “Tsunade-sama told me about you as soon as I came back from my mission. I was really excited that I actually got here early”, he said while scratching his head. Wow! Kakashi was not late!? That is a first.

            “Ano….what did the Hokage tell you about me?”

            “That she wanted me to help train a young woman who might be ‘the one’”.

            “What does she mean by ‘the one’ exactly? I’ve been hearing people saying that but I don’t really know what that means. Who am I supposed to be?”

            “Why, the girl of the legend of course.”

            “Legend?”

            “You don’t know the legend?”

            I shook my head.

            “Hmm…well I guess you really won’t know about it since you’re from the outside world”, he said then laughed. I just stared at him, waiting for a better answer.

            “Well, you’ll find out soon. For now, you just need to rest, let your injury heal completely and get yourself ready for training.”

            Kakashi gave me another smile then left me with Shika. He said he need to go home before noon or his cat might starve to death. Lame excuse. As if he could ever get himself a pet. He’s got no family and he goes on missions often. Who’s going to feed his cat when he’s gone? He should really think of better excuses.

            I sighed. I am the girl of the legend apparently. Whatever that means. And now I have to train with a ninja who likes to read a perverted book and a ninja who’d rather watch clouds instead of training. It seems like I really got myself into one hell of a mess.