⇜Chapter 8 ⇝

I stopped when I realized where Sasuke is leading me to. The anbu headquarters! He’s really following Tsunade’s orders.

          “What are you standing there for? Walk”, Sasuke ordered. But I remained frozen.

          “So, you finally came”, said Tazuna who’s standing by the main door of the building besides the female anbu who was with him earlier. “I was beginning to think that you fled with the village’s prisoner.”

           Sasuke didn’t say a word. Instead, he grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the waiting anbus. When we were about 5 feet from were the anbus are standing, Sasuke harshly pushed me towards the anbus who each grabbed me on either arms without care. I was surprised and scared but this time I remained silent.

            “Delivered as promised”, was all Sasuke said.

            Both anbus smiled slyly.

           “What took you so long? Did the medical ninja took her precious time to heal her delicate skin?”, Tazuna said while running the back of his hand slowly on my cheek. I moved my face away as I felt disgusted by his malicious grin and hand. “Or maybe…”, he turned to look at Sasuke. “YOU took your precious time in feeling her delicate skin.”

            My blood boils. This anbu is really getting on my nerves. He’s not just a jerk, he’s also a pervert. And Sasuke….Sasuke’s not doing anything. He’s not even showing any expression on his cold face whatsoever. Which makes me even more angrier. These cursed ninjas! They will have their day.

            Tazuna grinned wider when he got no reaction from Sasuke.

            “Well, if you’re done with her then I’ll take care of her from here”, he said then proceeded to run his rough hand through the side of my face down. But this time his hand didn’t reach my skin. A thin but sharp layer of chidori prevented him from doing so. I gasped as I realized how close Sasuke’s chidori is to my face. It’s probably just about an inch or two away from my cheeks and from Tazuna’s hand. It even cut a chunk of my hair and it came towards us so fast that I felt a swoosh of air when it came. When I looked at Sasuke his face is still as cold as ever but his eyes are looking sharply at Tazuna. They turned to Mangekyou sharingan and before anyone could react, Tazuna is already trapped in his illusion. It’s an illusion, yes. But everyone knows it’s not an ordinary illusion. Whatever happens in that world, it’s victim would also suffer through both physically and psychologically in reality.

            Tazuna screamed in terror and excruciating pain.

            “Tazuna!”, screamed his partner. “You!” She attempted to charge at Sasuke but failed before she could even advance a foot. She, too, was trapped in an illusion and started screaming in pain.

             While this horrible turtore was happening all I could do was watch in fear. I could feel the horror radiating through each anbu’s eyes. I could tell how much they are suffering and I can’t stand the scene in front of me. My eyes shifted from the tortured anbus to Sasuke. My eyes widened as I look at his eyes. They are red as blood! I looked at the anbus again. It seems as if they screaming so much that they’re running out of breath. They are both on the ground with both their hands on their heads. Sometimes it would seem like they just want to pull their eyes out of their suckets.

            “Stop! Stop! Please!”, screamed Tazuna. “Kill me now if you want. Just…stop…this!”

           I don’t know what kind of torture Sasuke is putting them into but whatever it is, it must be really horrible for an anbu ninja to plead for his own death.

           The female ninja begun to scratch herself. Her nails burried in her skin so deep that she begun to bleed from them. Is he seriously going to kill them? Or rather let them kill themselves?

           At that point, I’ve reached my limit. My tears begun to fall in terror and I grabbed my head and closed my eyes tight, screaming “Stop! Please.”

            The screaming stopped.

            I opened my eyes and slowly looked up to see Sasuke looking at me, his eyes back to normal. He begun to advance towards me. Every movement of his feet brings a new heightened level of my awareness and alertness. I could feel the nervousness and a tingling sensation on my body. I recognized the feeling as fear. Yes, I’m scared! I’m scared of the young man who tried to kill me twice but also saved me several times.

            I stepped back as he continues to advance towards me. I gasped when my back touched the door and I could no longer put distance between me and him. I looked left and right, trying to find an escape. I want to get away. But my feet won’t move anymore. In my mind I’m ordering them to move. To run. But they remained frozen.

            I looked front to look at Sasuke and was surprised to find him already standing in front of me. I feel cold. My feet are both shaking in fear and when he reached to touch my face, a faint cry of fear left my mouth.