⇜Chapter 15 ⇝

It has been three days since I met with Tsunade and Kakashi. My injured body feels better but there’s still pain everytime I bend or move without care. Shikamaru picked me up awhile ago to meet with Kakashi. He took me to the same place where I first met Kakashi.

            “Where is he?”, I asked Shika when we got here and did not see Kakashi anywhere.

            “Oh he’ll be here”, he said then proceeded to lie on the ground and use his arms as pillows. I bet you he’s watching the clouds.

            I sighed. What was I thinking? Of course Kakashi WOULD be late.

            “You should have told him to meet us here an hour earlier. Maybe he wouldn’t be so late and we wouldn’t have to wait and waste time.”

            “There wouldn’t be a waste of time, believe me”, he said casually.

            “Why? What do you mean?”

            Shikamaru shifted his gaze from the clouds to me before he answered.

            “You are here to start your training.”

            “Training?”

         “Yes. Remember what Tsunade-sama said? You’ll start training next week after you see a medical ninja. And she told you not to slack while waiting for that day. So brought you here to start you off with some light training. Anyway you need to start with something easy to help prepare your body for the real training.”

           Easy. He said today’s traning will be an easy one. I guess it’s okay right? I need to have some exercise anyway.

            “Okay. What should I do?”

           “First do some stretching.”

           “Stretching, got it.”

           I did the normal stretching. You know, the kinds that you do before doing your zumba routine or cardio workout or before you do your morning run. But that’s not what he has in mind.

            “What are you doing?”, he asked while watching me do my stretches.

            “Stretching.”

            “Gosh lady. You really have no idea what’s going on, do you?”

          I automatically frozed after hearing him say that. I looked at him and slowly shook my head. Shika sighed.

         “This is such a drag”, was all he said before he started to show me what he meant by ‘stretching’. Shika twisted his body at the waist left and right and did it while he’s slowly bending backwards. I tried to mimic him but I fell when I tried to bend back. After doing that, he walked to a tree and put his leg up against it’s trunk and pushed towards it. He then did it with his other leg. It looked painful. I have no idea how he’s doing it. I mean, doesn’t he have any bone in his hips? I tried it, nonetheless, but I failed to even make my leg straight enough to rest flat agaisnt the tree trunk. Shika made me do it dozens of times until my legs finally got used to it and I am able to straighten them better than the first few times I tried. Both my legs are already sore and I had to deal with cramps a few times but Shika didn’t stop there. He went up a tree with three swift jumps, then he hangs from a branch. He begun pulling himself up. Yes, it’s essentially a push up which gymnasts. Shika is just using a tree branch instead of a bar. But it doesn’t make it any easier. And to make it worse, he also brought his legs up and he hooked his feet to the same branch that he’s holding on to. My jaw dropped. What does this guy think I am, a gymnast?