⇜Chapter 4 ⇝

“Put me down! Put me down you monster”, I yell as I continuously hit Sasuke on his back. Needless to say, it didn’t make a difference. All it seemed to do was make me tired. I’m already feeling dizzy from being on Sasuke’s shoulder while he and his friends are jumping from tree to tree about 60 or 70 feet above ground. It looks like Sasuke’s not bothered by his fast movement even with my weight on his shoulder. But it feels like a rollercoaster ride to me.

                Suddenly, Sasuke jumped higher than usual and it made me feel like throwing up.

                “Stop!” I yelled with urgency. But he didn’t stop so I yelled with a louder voice. He’s scary but I don’t want to throw up while I’m upside down on a stranger’s shoulder. “STOP!”

                “Would you SHUT THE HELL UP?”

                His angry voice made me feel worse. I feel sick.

                “Mmmm”, I moaned while trying to let the dizziness pass. Sasuke seems to have noticed it and stopped. The rest did so, too, when they noticed Sasuke stopped.

                “Something wrong?”, asked Shika.

               “Let’s stop for a moment”, Sasuke said then he gently let me down on the thick arm of the tree. I held on to it as tight as my trembling arms could. I don’t want to throw up. I could never stand the feeling of it. But I have no choice. I really feel like my stomach’s about to turn upside down and pour all of its content out of my mouth. I moved towards the edge of the tree’s thick arm so I could throw up but looking down and seeing how high we are from the ground made me feel even worse, if that was even possible. The content of my stomach immediately went up and out of my mouth. I could taste the bitterness and sourness of the liquid that’s coming out of my mouth. When nothing was coming out anymore I slowly moved back towards the center of the huge tree arm and laid there for a while.  

                 I was surprised when I felt a hand on my forehead. When I opened my eyes I saw Shikamaru sitting beside me and looking intently at me. He’s examining my condition.

                “She feels warm. She’s sick, Sasuke.”

                Sasuke looked at me for a second then said “Let’s rest here for now. We’ll pick up the pace tomorrow to compensate for the wasted time.”

                Wasted time? Earlier I was a threat to his village, now I’m a waste of time?, I bitterly thought before I felt Sasuke picking me up, moved down the giant tree with his group and I lost consciousness.

               “Oi. Oi.”

                Is someone calling me? I thought I heard someone’s voice.

                I slowly opened my eyes but my vision is blurred. I blinked a few times but it didn’t seem to help. All I could see was a blurred darkness and a flicker of light. Fire? I could hear voices but they seem so distant.

            “Oi. Oi.”

            I heard that distant, familiar voice as I felt as if the ground is shaking.

           “Leave her alone, Sasuke. Let her sleep.”

            “She’s had enough rest.”

             “She’s sick and she needs all the rest she could get. We’ll have quite a journey tomorrow since we need to move faster.”