⇜Chapter 7 ⇝

Sasuke took me to a medical ninja as promised. When the medical ninja took me in an empty hospital room, Sasuke didn’t go in but he leaned on the wall near the door, presumably guarding the door. I rolled my eyes.

            As if I could run away from him.

            I sat down on the edge of the bed when the medical ninja motioned for me to do so. She introduced herself by the name Chiisana. I just gave her a weak smile. I’m still shock by everything that has happened.

             I noticed that Chiisana keeps looking at me. She seems to be studying me like all of them damn ninjas.

            “Sasuke seems to have taken an interest in you,” I heard her say.

            “Hmm?”

            “Sasuke-kun doesn’t care about anyone but his clan. I’ve worked here all my life but I’ve never seen him taken any wounded friend, if he even has any, or comrade for medical attention. I’ve never seen him visited anyone either. You…you are not from here. I assume you are Sasuke-kun’s guest?”  

            “I’m his prisoner,” I corrected her with a bitter tone.

            Her gaze shifted from my wound to my face. She seems surprised. She then shifted her gaze back to my wound.

            “Well, prisoner or not you have definitely caught his attention.”

            “Yeah, you can say that. I mean, he almost killed me twice within the last 24 hours.”

             Chiisana looked at my face again. She’s even more surprised, I could tell. But then she knowingly smiled.

             “I see. Well, I’m glad he didn’t actually kill you. Your aura is telling me that you’re a good kid.”

             I didn’t understand what she meant by that. My aura? She can read a person’s aura, too? It’s all laughable to me but I am not in the mood to laugh.

            “Thank you,” I just replied weakly.

            When Chiisana finished, the wound was completely gone. There wasn’t a trace of what was there. It was like I was never wounded. It didn’t surprise me though since I am familiar with what medical ninjas can do.

            I thanked Chiisana, fixed my blood-stained blouse and headed to the door. When I opened it I saw Sasuke still on the same position as before I entered the room. His eyes are closed and he’s not moving an inch. I don’t know if he’s sleeping but it looks like he is. And I don’t know if I should “wake him up” or just wait. I mean, if he’s really sleeping and I woke him up he might just grab my neck again. But then again, why would he be sleeping when he’s supposed to be guarding me?

           I let out a deep sigh and said “Whatever.” Then I started walking.

           “Where do you think you’re going?”, I heard him say before I can even walk pass him.

           I knew that will catch his attention.

          “I thought you were sleeping.”

           He opened his eyes and looked at me sharply.

          “I was joking.”

          He didn’t buy it.

          “Okay, I didn’t know what to do. I wasn’t sure if you were sleeping and I was afraid to just wake you up, if you were. I mean, you might just grab my neck again and really kill me this time.”

          He’s still looking intently at me.

          “What?” I swear if he’s not as powerful as he is I would punch this guy. What does he think I am a mind-reader? Or maybe he thinks his eyes also produce words so I could read what he’s thinking.

          “If I really wanted to kill you, you wouldn’t be here right now”, he said then he stood straight and started walking. I guess he’s right. He could have really killed me if he really wanted to. But he didn’t. This man….it’s so hard to figure him out.

           “Don’t just stand there, prisoner. Follow me”, he ordered in an annoyed tone.

                                                                                           ****

           Meanwhile, Shikamaru went with Tsunade to her office to give her his report.

          “Which means everything went well with our mission, Hokage-sama”, he concluded after giving his full report.

          “Good job.”

           “Thank you, Tsunade-sama. If you don’t need anything else from me, I would like to go home to get some rest now.”

          “Yes. But before you go there is something I’d like to ask you.”

           “What is it?”

           “I want to know your opinion about that young lady.”

          Shikamaru was a little surprised by the question. He didn’t realize how much the Hokage values his opinions. This is an important matter, he knows, because this is about the village’s safety. He cleared his throat before he started to speak.   

           “Well….”