⇜Chapter 26⇝

Shikamaru looked at Sasuke in time to see him punch a tree so hard that its roots lose their grip on the earth, causing its tall body to lean a little. He’s not surprise that Sasuke is mad. The young Uchiha is quick to lose his temper. He’s just isn’t sure if the anger was about Mika missing or because of the problem that the situation will cause.

           “Sasuke?”, Ino said reluctantly. “What are we going to do?”

        “We are getting Mika-chan back”, answers Naruto. But Shika isn’t sure that it was the right decision.

        “If we go to the Land of the Mountains to get her back, we’ll lose at least four days. The princesses are expected to be at the Land of the Snow four days from now. If they don’t arrive there on the expected day, it would cause a lot of trouble for the two nations. It could also cause the Leaf village troubles.”

           “But, Shikamaru….!”

         “I know we have to get Mika back. But…”, he blew out some air. He’s clearly troubled by his own suggestions. “…we might not have a choice but to wait until after we deliver the princesses to the Land of Snow before we go and save Mika.”

            “It’s Mika, Shikamaru. She’s a friend. She’s from our village.”

          “No”, answers Sasuke firmly. Everyone turned their heads to focus on him. He’s still facing the leaning tree but he slowly turned to face his friends.

           “Sasuke! Mika might not be born in Konoha but she’s a part of our village now.”

           “No. She’s not.”

           Everyone became silent, not knowing what to say or how to react. Well except Naruto who can never be silent by anyone or anything.

          “Sasuke! What the hell are you saying? She’s a friend! A friend! We have to save her. We have to…”

           “You are not saving her!”, Sasuke snaps at him. “Because I WILL.”

           Everyone looked at each other then back at Sasuke.

           “What do you mean?”, asks Ino.

          “All of you will go and escort the princesses as planned. I’ll go to the Land of the Mountains myself to get Mika back.”

            “By yourself?”

            “We don’t have a choice. Princess Kanako and princess Misuko needs to arrive at the Land of Snow as they are expected to or as Shikamaru said, it would cause troubles for both nations and our village. But we can’t ignore Mika’s safety either. And…I can’t make her wait.”

            “I mean…who knows what kind of torture they’re doing to her right now”, Sasuke added when he noticed his comrades staring at him with a somewhat disbelief and surprised look.

        “Okay. Then we have a plan”, says Naruto. Everyone was in agreement except princess Kanako.

             “Wait. That might not be a good idea.”

            “Why not?”

            “Because…my father, the king, expects Sasuke-kun to escort me and my sister to the Land of Snow. He trusts Sasuke-kun. What would he say if he finds out that Sasuke-kun left our group after just the first day of our journey?”